Changes

Kip Powick

Nice to see there is progress in the utilization of the features of the forum. More smilies and now a functioning profile page.

Does anyone know how we arrive at being a "newbie" etc??? I was a "newbie" and moved to being a "member" and now I am a "newbie" again but shown as "donating member".

Do I stay a "donating member- newbie" until I donate more than a specified number of posts??

Oh, wait a minute...maybe "donating" means I sent $$ to the hosts that are footing the bill for this forum. dry.gif

If that is the case so be it, and it does bring up the subject of icon_arrow.gif donating. icon_arrowl.gif Simply put...those that haven't......... should. biggrin.gif

regards,

Agreed... it's good to see the profiles alive... maybe the PM's as well, though I haven't tried yet...

Seems we're all Newbie's again.... maybe they upped the threshold?... Whaddya think? 200 posts to break out of the Newbie range maybe? 500? ....hmmm... cool26.gif

Oh, wait a minute...maybe "donating" means I sent $$ to the hosts that are footing the bill for this forum

If that is the case so be it, and it does bring up the subject of donating.  Simply put...those that haven't......... should.

Kip

Maybe others are like me and have sent donation $$ but don't seem to have made it to the Donators List sad.gif

For whatever reason icon_question.gif

Maybe others are like me and have sent donation $$ but don't seem to have made it to the Donators List  sad.gif

For whatever reason  icon_question.gif

Right....., perhaps with all the business of getting the new forum up and running they have not had time to update the donators list. The list I have does not have you on it, but I don't know how old this list is.

Out of Date Donators List??

Perhaps you should send a not to ADMIN wink.gif

Actually, here is the breakdown,

Newbie Min Posts 0

Advanced User Min Posts 200

Super User Min Posts 500

Gold User Min Posts 1000

Platinum User Min Posts 2000

If anyone has any suggestions for new Titles, please post them here.

Pager, I have emailed you regarding this

Maybe others are like me and have sent donation $$ but don't seem to have made it to the Donators List  sad.gif

For whatever reason  icon_question.gif

Actually, here is the breakdown,

Newbie              Min Posts 0

Advanced User  Min Posts 200

Super User       Min Posts 500

Gold User          Min Posts 1000

Platinum User    Min Posts 2000

If anyone has any suggestions for new Titles, please post them here.

Newbie is OK but how about ..

Copper

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Platinum

The reason for my suggestion is to just make it easier cause we all pretty well know the ranking of "medals".

Advanced User , in my opinion, conjures up images of a fellow sitting in the shadows using some of the "better stuff" ph34r.gif or....he has been doing it for a l-o-n-g- time biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't you rather "loan" it? laugh.gif

Hey, I have a Q: what do the funny little boxes mean under the tag "Newbie" "Member" "Donating Member" etc mean? There are any number from one to five of these little tags.

Can't find any reference to 'em...

Hey, I have a Q: what do the funny little boxes mean under the tag "Newbie" "Member" "Donating Member" etc mean? There are any number from one to five of these little tags.

They are called Pips, (don't ask me why)

It is just a ranking system for members number of posts. The more the posts, the more the pips.

We have changed the numbers but as of now they represent below,

Posts Pips

0-99 1

100-199 2

200-499 3

500-999 4

1000-1999 5

2000-2999 6

3000-over 7

Archived