What if?

Mitch Cronin

Guest BillyBigToe

Hey sourpuss, I'm not in any way comparing myself to yourself. I do not have a lofty idea about how great I am. My comments were only WRT jobs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest floatrr

Some of you guys just don't get it. No company, no collective agreement. You have to do what it takes to make the operation sustainable, or you'll be kicking rocks in the unemployment line.

Guest directlaw

As you can see these guys are true vultures. Only prey on those who they think are weaker than they. You guys should be ashamed. Did you here him? He has been layed off. Have you asked how many kids he has? Is he making his mortgage? Is it affecting his marriage.

Directlaw,

There are laid off pilots from both groups that are suffering. Some laid off pilots at Jazz have been in the industry longer than some AC pilots but chose what they thought was best job at the time for themselves and their families..... and some have chosen to stay at the regionals for those reasons.

Both groups are suffering and looking out for their best interests

With all due respect, I think your view is very narrow and unfortunate for a couple reasons.

First, people made, and continue to make decisions, based on the very best information available – at the time. The reasons people and families decide to do what they do is as varied as the people themselves. For you to group all regional pilots into a generic template is unfair at best.

Second, and in my opinion most critical… Attitudes like the one you offer, from both camps, are exactly the reason we have arrived at the current ugly state we find ourselves in. Personally, I have left this issue behind me in disgust of the actions of both mine as well as the Jazz MEC. Too much greed and for that, we will all lose.

FYI, I am OAC, '95 DOH. I espouse anything BUT BOTL. I am fully aware of the issues as well as the impact this would have on both myself and my family.

I wonder how you will feel about things a few years from now and if a few numbers here and there, and nothing else, will still steer your personal agenda. I hope things work out for you..

Happy New Year

dragon

Jazzplayer,

I think you crossed the line pal! The RJ Capt in question has only been charged. Wait until a conviction comes down before you stone someone. Second, the Vernon boys might have made a mistake, but they didn't land there... Has any Jazz pilot ever done that? Mont Joli comes to mind! (a friend of mine BTW). He who lives in a Glass house... As for embarassing jokes, I'll agree that we have a few mavericks out there posting on this forum, but Jazz certainly have there fair share of idiots as well who tend to see things with a rather "Closed" mind...

Bad form!

Guest directlaw

My point has been missed.

I have no doubt that Jazz can operate cheaper than the mainline. But if that is a good enough reason to gut ACPA's collective agreement, then every collective agreement in this country is in jeopardy. Arbitrator Teplitsky will be asking the same questions.

I believe Air Canada is positioned well to make good money coming out of CCRA. I think the future is bright and so do a lot of other people. Otherwise there wouldn't be any investors. 1.1 billion in labor savings. Almost no long term debt other than aircraft leases. Air Canada and Jazz will have to come up with a very compelling argument to convince a labor arbitrator to gut a valid collective agreement.

Do you really believe that just because Air Canada wants to make more is going to cut it?

You claimed jazzplayer was a troll. Based on the things I've read, he's not.

Saying something that does not conform to Forum rules does not make you a troll. A troll's only reason for being here is to disrupt the forum and anger people. You have a tendency to label people whose opinions you don't like as trolls. Much like the way I've seen you try to marginalize others whose opinions you don't like.

Personally, I found his comments very cutting indeed, but not outside of what's acceptable. But that's not my call to make; only our hosts have that right.

neo

Personally, I'd say right up to the line but not over it. But that's neither my call nor yours. Our hosts get to determine what's suitable comment, not us.

I offer an opposing opinion to your own because I deeply appreciate both the freedom to speak my mind on this forum and for others to do the same. I don't agree with those who condemn a post for partisan reasons, which I feel is what motivated you.

neo

Guest jazzplayer

Neo,

Maybe you were an arbitrator in another life?

Just for fun: How would you handle the current aircraft allocation dispute?

Hard to believe an ACPA cardholder could make a post like that. Pure gravitas.

"posse etiam sub malis principibus magnos viros esse" - Tacitus

Precision in all things. That might have been Suetonius.

Stand by while the family library is ransacked by forelock-tuggong minions.

Actually I don't think we want any portion of your list TOP OR BOTTOM just a portion of the RJ'S and my guess is that the latter will happen in the not too distant future. I believe ALPA has extended the olive branch out quite a few times in the past and after the arbitration I wouldn't expect it again. As for planning my career you're right!! 100% right. Now, if an arbitrator gives JAZZ some or all of the new jets would you consider BOTL at Jazz or would you expect to be able to use your seniority to access a job at Jazz to get back to work or spend the rest of your career on furlough status?

Just Wondering???

Archived