Worried at Jazz

Guest acj

re the reactivation of dc-9 licenses

Air Canada would have to re-train the dc-9 personel regardless.The 717 does have many subtle diferences with the old dc-9.I suspect at least a weeks long conversion course would be required to adapt maintenance personel to the 717.But most of the tooling and stands would probably be the same.

I know the line guys here in yul have just got aca back on the dc-9,I wonder if its like that system wide??Maybe Mitch can confirm that its the same in yyz??

I'd be very surprised if the dc9 licence would cover a 717.

There were a couple of guys here who had their dc9's re-activated, but that was just to look after a few things after the sale of one to South Africa... perhaps there's more selling going on?

Guest Geminoid

There is at least one more DC9 going to Africa (by way of YYZ for paint.) I had heard there was some potential contract work along with the sales, so maybe that explains the license re-activation.

Geminoid

I agree with Mitch, there is more than subtle differences between a DC-9 and a B-717, we went throught the same debate with the -700, result? Full endorsement course only no "differences" course.

Archived