Outlook Express -HELP

nsbs

Am running Win XP-Home Outlook Express 6.0

My problem is as follows: I receive mail with no problems, but I have 4 messages stuck in my outbox, a couple it will send but they still stay in the outbox and keep repeating. The other two gives me an error message while trying to send. Anyway of deleting these permanently?

Sympatico has no real answers for me.

Thanks for any input.

"Sympatico has no real answers for me"

I take it from your handle you are in Nova Scotia... If this is the case, the internet has been extremely slow lately and the computer people I know say it has a lot to do with the damage caused by Juan and yesterdays storm... Lots of interference on the lines, especially if you are on High Speed, and the e-mails seems to time out or try and send as the net goes down intermittently...

The problem is with Sympatico capacity. It's overloaded at times and won't accept outgoing mail. If you remain connected, you will occasionally see Outlook trying to make the connection to send the mail. I wrote to Sympatico...no response. It's their problem...not Outlook. I find that eventually, my outbox empties but in the interim, I get a lot of error messages.

Have you checked "Tools --> Accounts --> Mail --> Properties --> Outgoing Mail (SMTP)"?

The "incoming" (POP3) should be something like "mail.sympatico.ca". The "outgoing" should be the same.

That's where I've usually had problems in the past. Once I got my head around how that box worked, I now only worry about the other gazillion things I don't have a clue about with this beast called internet...

Good luck! (B)

Archived