Flying On Empty

Kip Powick

"A must see film for those that anticipate their future as a "Glider Pilot" "...

So I guess the mentality on this BBS is one of "Don't you trash my company, but I can trash yours" kind of thing...

Tell me why you all want to get rid of ol' Lanc then?

Gumbi, I know Kip can, and likely will, speak for himself, but since you said, ..."on this BBS"...

No, I really don't believe that's the mentality shared by most here at all. Please don't let a few bad beans spoil the whole pot.

I understand the sensitivity on that particular topic, and for what it's worth, I sincerely doubt Kip intended that comment to be taken as "trashing" your company.

...my 2c

Cheers,

Mitch

I think you must have mis-interpreted Kip's intentions there, Gumbi. I've read hundreds of his posts over several years, and never seen him trash anyone or anything.

Could it be that he was simply letting us now about that show for its entertainment and educational value?

Best,

neo

I read you guys loud and clear...

I understand that not everyone is engaged in that kind of slagfest, but it particularly strikes me this time, specially after all that fuss about Lanc, and previously with the YYZ ATC thread.

This being said, may I suggest, for those interested in the subject, that you go on Pprune and read the thread labelled "The Atlantic Glider Revisited". It's in the rumours and news forum and contains some very interesting posts, specially those suspecting the "mirrors and smoke" approach from Airbus.

Bah! It's all bunk, speculation, guesswork and trash...

Maintenance screwed up royaly, gave the boys an accident waiting to happen, and they made it come out ok. Whether or not Airbus accepts any responsibility no doubt matters to some, but in my mind, what really counts now is only whether or not the same can happen again.

Hopefully it won't happen quite like that ever again.

Actually Mitch... I was referring to the posts of a "LU ZUCKERMAN", I don't know what his background is, but he did manage to give that thread a new direction because, as usual, it was degenerating into something nasty....again!

that's all!

Agreed, his posts did add a measure of decency to the pile.

Like everyone, I'm eager to hear all the truths. As I'm sure you'll recall, we've had our own share of speculation and premature judgement style threads on the subject right here... The best I've heard so far since the incident has been in regards to the improvements in the management of maintenance... I think Air Transat would be a good company to work for.

Cheers,

Mitch

TSBC has informed interested parties in Canada that Portugese authorities will released TSC flt 236 accident report in 30 to 45 days. Expect this report to be made public sometimes in November 2003. - Over ten months would have been required to translate the report from English to Portugese.

Archived