WJ 737 donation

John S.

This wouldn't be the same airframe that had the "close encounter" with the bridge in Calgary this summer would it?

Rumour at the time was that the aircraft was nearly written-off but then the story came out that it was due to be retired this fall anyway...

Guest M. McRae

And also of course Kip, the Press release you are quoting would appear to be a joint release from BCIT and Westjet. Prob. no history course at BCIT :)

Guest Ram_Man

Well... I ain't cryin'. I new it was inevitable. Four words: "I told you so." Congrats to WJ for taking & making every opportunity work for them. Shame on AC PR for missing a chance to have us shine during this time of turmoil. In short, in this case, you snooze, you lose. We clearly lost this round.

BTW, I called Mr. Alan Daniels (the article writer @ the YVR Sun), not to start a p_ssing contest, but to clairify, direct him to the link of DC-9 pics in YQT, and diplomatically suggest that he do a little more in depth research before publihing a story. Especially one that stretched the truth just a "wee" bit. Called him 3 times, left 3 messages. Guess what? He never called back.

FYI it appears that Mr. Daniels published his article based on some of what he read from the Canada NewsWire release, which appears to have come directly from BCIT & the WJ Public Relations Director.

'Nuff said,

Cheers

Tom

Setting It Straight

VANCOUVER SUN Page: F2

Date: 10/02/2003

Air Canada says it has made two donations in the past 18 months of DC-9 jet aircraft to aviation schools in Canada. It says the first was on May 13, 2002, to Red River College in Winnipeg. The second was on Sept. 26 to Confederation College in Thunder Bay.

Inaccurate information was contained in a Vancouver Sun story on Oct. 1.

Archived