It's Official Zip not pulling out of London

Guest Dash eight

Guest Dash eight

Simcoe are you deluded? AC mainline didnt pull service to yyc years ago do to low lad factors(yes for all you WJS out there it was before you were even looking at ontario) they pulled service because it was doing greeat and was taking quite a bit of traffic from yyz that would normally drive or fly to yyz and then onto yyc.

Guest yyzparkcrew

Well what do I say to that?

The only reason A/C doesn't want to put people there is because its cheaper to use

Jazz personnel due to their lower pay scale.

Better check the facts because A/C has CSA

working in YXU already so it IS in fact an

A/C base.

As for your comment regarding "YOUR" base we should set the record straight......

Both YYJ and YXU were A/C bases long before

GX ZX QK ever came along.

I have no problem with Jazz personnel working Jazz Tin but I find it ironic that a union man

would want to stop another union person from

plying his or her trade.

We should work together to better the industry not divide it along union lines.

One title,one pay scale,same opportunities

Just to let you know I do not want to take anyone's job, I've had this one for 18 1/2 yrs.

I just want to help create more.

61%??

Whatever, I'm looking at the passenger loads for the past month and they are not 61%. I exaggerated a bit when I said 80%, loads are actually around 70-80%. Again, todays load factor is 76% (before any walk-up fares are sold and standby's are added).

Aside from load factors, dagger is right, Zip has shifted flights to YWG for better connections - makes sense. I'm surprised that Zip has done this, because the choice actually makes sense for once!!

As for Westjet, since flights were boosted to YXU for the summer, schedule changes are to reflect a seasonal drop in passengers.

The am flight to Calgary would be 70% to 80% but what is your afternoon flight like I bet it's runing at60% to 70% most days. And if you read my first post near the top I already said it was a good move by Zip to feed Winnipeg because the London passenger will have more options out of Winnipeg.

Guest The Gapper

How could you justify basing a crew to work one 737 a day? It's this kinda of reasoning that has put AC in the hole it is in.

PS 18 years of seniority won't help you in the EI line

Guest yyzparkcrew

Okay here we go again...

first of all dash eight:

I know my facts in the A/C world C/S/A stands for many things I never said that there were A/C people working at the counter. There are A/C people working in YXU in Cargo as Customer Service Agents my facts are correct.

Check yours before you tell someone they are incorrect.

The Gapper your next...

Check the proposed sked for YXU this winter maybe you'll see YXU Cuba comming again more than one flight a day now and I never said they need a whole crew. If you knew the A/C world then you would know the capabilities of all the different classifications and what would be necessary to have A/C staff work these flights. As for me being the reason A/C

won't last I think people in higher places will make sure it doesn't last long before I make a difference. BTW dont worry about me being on EI.

Wizard...

those gents in cargo are considered C/S/A's (different terminology between companies)and btw they are working under the alotted manpower level for YXU

Funny thing how one "company" has different titles for the same job at the other.

Maybe thats the problem too many unions.

like I said before...

One title, one pay scale, same opportunities

Guest Dash eight

In "our World" as you call it a csa is a customer sales and service agent or ticket agent. You are talking about cargo in london that is not at the terminal and hence has nothing to do with us. You never specified whats csa was in your original post...

Guest yyzparkcrew

Good morning Dash...

I never said there were A/C people working the counter in YXU. The gents in cargo are CSA's in "my world" meaning Customer Service Agents. Ticket agents in "my world" are CSSA-

Customer Sales and Service Agents.

What does my post have to do with you anyway?

Im talking The ramp and cargo operations not Sales.

Maybe you should ask for clarification before you post a reply so as not to waste time.

these are the facts.....

-YXU is still on the books as an A/C station

-YXU is still an active A/C station

-A/C personnel are working at YXU

-Increased mainline flights this winter out

of YXU

-CSA in YXU are qualified LSA and SA

I have never said I wanted to work Jazz flts out of YXU only mainline or Zip so why do I get all this flak?

I dont want to take anyones job I just want to increase the jobs already there.

What is it you do anyway Dash?

Pilot? mechanic?Ticket counter?

As before....

One title,one salary same opportunities

How much longer are you guys going to drive this thread to the right?

How come of all the options you give Dash, the only one not capitalized was "mechanic"?

What's a "parkcrew"?

Where is my beautiful house?

Where is my beautiful wife?

How did I get here" :D

Guest yyzparkcrew

Letting the days go by....

That was a typo on Mechanic sorry.

I wish I could stop it going right

I work flts in YYZ but am called to park flts that are not met by ramp crews.

Archived