ACPA email

SkyBlazer

I hear that our respective leaders, that being Dicintio [sp] and Bauer are about ready to at least contemplate some leadership on this issue.

I for one say long overdue but kudos to you both. If you are a Jazz pilot or a mainline pilot, now is the time to consider your future, it is also the time to let your respective leaders know your feelings, in no uncertain terms.

I will be doing exactly that, tomorrow.

Guest Sam of Old

Those of you who think that way need to take control of your unions, if there are enough like-minded members. If there are talks planned then make sure whoever is speaking on your behalf voices your desires, not the same old positions/stands they have always taken. I shall cross my fingers for you.

You two just proved there's hope.

I can't believe that with damned near 100% of the ACPA and ALPA pilots on this board expressing a desire to come to some agreement, that an agreement wouldn't come eventually.

Good on ya lads, make it happen.

Well said Dragon. Best of luck to all those front line union people and their staff in making this effort worthwhile if indeed it's really happening.

Much stronger group - all together fighting the real fight.

acj

This is a snippit of the ACPA Infoline update for Friday September 19th.

". . . . The week of September 8th brought the three-day Federal Mediation Conciliation Services conference in Ottawa where representatives of the Association had the opportunity to meet with other representatives within the labour community, as well as participate in various workshops. Pilot representatives approached us from Jazz. They expressed the desire for some dialogue and we did engage in a brief discussion with them. I expressed to them our concern that there were still significant issues that divided us.. . . . .

Rainer Bauer

MEC Chair

rbauer@acpa.ca"

Now I'm a little biased when it comes to Mr. Bauer but it would appear to me that the Jazz pilots are trying, once again, to have some dialogue with the ACPA representatives. But the moment they meet in person ACPA makes sure that we still know there is a fence (oops, wrong word) I mean a WALL between us.

Yes, Mr. Bauer, we know there are issues that divide us. It's disappointing that in your update you mention the problems but offer no solutions.

Rainer Bauer has to go. Please Rainer, step aside. I'm speaking from 1st hand experience, he is very unproductive and unable to set aside emotions in any meetings that involve the "rival" union group.

-acj

John,

With all due respect, you should leave the content of that info line out of the public domain especially when the header in that info line directs you so. You are contributing nothing positive to the process.

Also, if you insist on continuing with this thrust, at least offer up current and complete information. Your information is old, incomplete and as such, of NO consequence.

Take my word on that.Why not just delete your post?

To whom it may concern:

An anonymous posted posting under the name of 'dragon' has said, and I quote, that my information is old, incomplete and as such, of NO consequence.

But rather than tell us how or where I have posed in error he merely suggest that I remove my post. I think not.

Mr. dragon, if you wish to tell me what I have left out or posted in error please feel free to make suitable suggestions. If you wish please email directly, here you go: (Schretlen@shaw.ca).

If you offer proof that I have made an error then I will offer a correction.

As to posting a wee part of a public information line - I do not see that as wrong. I did not take the relevant point out of context.

If Rainer and Nic are able to move forward to some type of dialogue, what do the "majority" of the ALPA pilots wish to see out of an agreement and also how would the ALPA pilots deal with the 800 ex-Connector/CRA pilots who moved over to either AC or CP?

Let's see if we can see some positive thoughts...not just mud slinging.

Guest BillyBigToe

How about this part of the email.

The information contained in this document is provided solely for the members of the Air Canada Pilots Association and should not be distributed, copied or disclosed. The information should also not be interpreted or represented by any media as a statement to the public at large.

Hi John,

How about you do away with the condescending crap? Is it really called for?

Rather than debate or argue with you, I will just save this post so that I may respond to it more clearly in a day or two.

Once again, if you were a member of ACPA in good standing, you would know that the information you posted, though accurate for September 19th, is old, incomplete and of NO consequence, September 23rd.

Either day's information is meant for public consumption, as the header clearly indicates.

cheers comrade

John, forgive me for interfering, but I think it's just possible the Ranier has heard from the majority, and listened. Surely when we see almost all, if not all, of those here from ACPA, would like to find common ground, it must mean that a significant number of ACPA members are of like mind? What union hotshot could continue to ignore the will of it's members? (besides the IAM that is)

"OK, so the "information" is a bit out of date. Has Ranier changed his feelings towards me in the past week?"

I have no idea who you are. I cannot speak for Rainer. I can tell you that your information is old, incomplete and of no consequence. I see Mitch just jumped in, he echoes my own personal view. There is not much else for me to add at this point.

I wish the pilots on both sides good luck in finding common ground.

cheers

Mitch

Take it from me, you don't want to even try to figure out the Pilot thingy :(

I got so wrapped up in it a while back I almost drove myself crazy (well crazier ;) )

I still find it entertaining, but I've learned to keep most of my opinions to myself :D

Brett

ps: John is the second best Pilot AirBC ever had ;)

Guest Max Continuous

Talks were held in YOW from September 15th-17th in YOW but were not successful. The matter is being taken back to the board of the CIRB.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but agree it would be great if this whole seniority issue could get resolved to everyone's satisfaction soon.

You trust correctly wrench. Though my experiences take me through some of the most inhospitable environments on the planet, though I maintain now 15 years with nary an incident, occurrence or violation, my piloting skills are average at best. You could, in 10 words of less, categorize me as short on natural ability but huge on spirit. I do strive however to be the best I can, every time out. The best ABC has ever had award goes to someone other than myself.

As for your knowledge of the issues which incorporate the connector situation, as alluded by yourself above, feel free to impress me with you breadth and depth wrench. I'll even cut you some slack cause you seem like such a nice guy, take it from '92.

The floor is yours, fill your boots.

One time while Tony and I were doing a gear swing on a 146 in CRA's old hangar in YXD, John told me he was the second best pilot at AirBC, so I naturally ask who was the first? to which he replied " Everyone else" :D

So from that day forward I've always considered myself to be the second best engineer :D;)

Brett

Archived