Westjet Passengers

Guest Patrick Bergen

Guest Patrick Bergen

Simcoe who has admitted to not being a Westjet employee has posted:

"my buddies at WJ checked and you've never flown WJ"

"Big investigation? Yea right. Any res agent can pull the data any time they want."

Although Simcoe has been told a couple of times that airline companies do not hand out passenger information to non-employees he has made the preceding statements. I am not a Westjet employee but I am sure that is not the case. These type of statements are completely irresponsible in a public forum.

Guest M. McRae

The act of looking up the information can indeed be performed by res agents but to make the information public is against the Law and of course most corporate policy. Imagine if Westjets "guests" thought their personal information could become "public" knowledge. Not a pretty picture. (N)

http://www.privcom.gc.ca/index_e.asp

Guest M. McRae

The act of looking up the information can indeed be performed by res agents but to make the information public is against the Law and of course most corporate policy. Imagine if Westjets "guests" thought their personal information could become "public" knowledge. Not a pretty picture.

http://www.privcom.gc.ca/index_e.asp

Also there is the following statement on Westjet's site that will be of interest.

Disclosure

WestJet does not sell your personal information to third parties and does not disclose your personal information except as may be required to process your request for travel services, such as hotel and car bookings, or as required by law. In short, we don't sell or share our mailing list.

There was NO record, therefore, NO information on any passenger. What information has been disclosed?

Here's news for you. Shania Twain has not flown WestJet. Neither has George Bush. Nor Anthony Q. Doody from Spuzzum BC.

Thought you'd be interested......

Guest M. McRae

Perhaps but just the thought of employees making this type of search for purposes not directly connected to their employment is enough to give most corporations heartburn, and of course it would be of potential concern to one's "guests". Imagine if you were a "guest" and thought that an employee might search the records and pass on private information. What if Dagger had been a onetime passenger, would you have reported that also..... (6)

"The rest of the industry has has to put up with the collective snotty AC attitude for decades. Yes, there are some great people at AC, but collectively, it is insufferable bunch.

It's payback time. How does it feel when the shoe's on the other foot?"

This is a quote from one of your previous posts. Does this mean you think it would be okay if I asked around at Air Canada to see if you've ever travelled with them, then posted your real name on the forum?

You've missed the point. Dagger has made numerous comments about "service" on WJA in the past.

He has never flown WJ. He has not denied this. If he had flown WJ, he would be entitled to an opinion and therefore, none of this would see the light of day.

What's probably terribly amusing to the powers that be at WJ is they know who Dagger is and probably respect his opinions. Then, he pontificates on the merits of AC inflight vs. WJA. The credibility falters pretty dramatically and is now simply chearleading.

His opinions of WJ's in flight service are as valuable as Shania Twains and George Bushes. None of them have ever flown WJA. How can any of them have an opinion? How on earth can he say he prefers one over the other? Perhaps he speaks on behalf of others? Who knows.

Take a phone book and flip through it. Guess what. Half those names and addresses have never flown WJA either.

Guest M. McRae

I repeat but prob. to no avail:

"Imagine if you were a "guest" and thought that an employee might search the records and pass on private information. "

Private information like your name, address and phone number? Yikes. I'd better burn my phone book.

I'll try this again. If there is no record, there is no personal information.

Oh, by the way, have you ever used Canada 411?

Canada411 > Find a Person > Results

Find a person

Total Found: 1

G********, D***d 4** W**** Ave North York ON (4*6) 7**-***3

Get some perspective and focus on the issue.

Guest Patrick Bergen

It is not difficult to guess my name as it is my handle. Can you tell if I have flown Westjet? If you check and find out I have, the person giving you the information is breaking the law and their own company policies. Give up your quest to get Dagger and quit endangering the people who work at Westjet (not me) and their reputation for passenger privacy.

I see an issue. You've been given information you weren't entitled to.

And another... You've accused Dagger of lying based on the information you've been given about a man who may not be who you believe him to be.

I know who you are, shall I post it here?...perhaps he does too. Worried?

What have you gained by your attack?

It doesn't matter Mitch. He has posted that the individual he named has never flown WJ yet Dagger makes disparaging remarks about WJ service. I challenged him to show me one Dagger quote - or even recall one comment more or less - which disparages WJ service. He cannot because I have not. Taking a jab at Clive Beddoe from time to time doesn't constitue a comment on WJ's inflight service. And stating that WJ doesn't serve food has nothing to do with flying on the airline. That's part of Westjet's business plan and everyone on planet earth knows it. So the whole name thing is immaterial.

He could think I am Ghengis Kahn

Or Madelaine Kahn

And it wouldn't matter.

It's the specific allegations he is making that are false.

Here's the issue A***** M******, you are violating the privacy of another member of this forum, which is expressly prohibited under the terms of use of this forum. Unless of course you are off the mark with his true identity, in which case you are violating the privacy of some innocent bystander.

In either case, your behaviour is extremely unethical.

Simcoe,

I used to be a CSA for Westjet. To go through the computer looking for information on somebody from an internet forum is one thing (not to mention a sign that you have no life). However, to go out advertising the information like that on the internet was just plain foolish on your part. Whether or not you can get the information from another source (ie: canada411.com, or a phone book) is irrelevent. The information contained within the Westjet reservation system is for priviliged, and unless your name is in the file or you work for Westjet and you're dealing with that file, you should know nothing about it.

Get a life before you get somebody in trouble.

Archived