Zip- Adds new color

wizard

As blizzard mentions, your jump seat ride wasn't on 520. It was most certainly CF-CPZ, the last of CP Air's basic 737s. C-GCPZ is an advanced 737 deliverd in 1982.

joey

Keerikey lads, it's not black, it's still that black green "Forest Green" and as someone else said it's just a deflowered AC machine with no sticker on the tail and ZIP stuck on in it's place...

And it's ugly to boot.

Surely you guys don't actually consider a white airplane with a "black" tail a good looking bird? ...And 720 -err, ahh exscuse me, 520 is most certainly not our oldest... To find them, just look for the zipper doubler along the window rows.... added to the older lap joints to prevent the Aloha convertible syndrome.

We still have a couple like that.

Hey, Thanks for the picture of CFCPZ Joey. I don't remember if it was an "F" or "G", but I'm very sure it was CPZ for the last 3 letters, so this would clarify it.

I also remember that the control wheels looked alot like a DC3's, (i.e. that it was metal control-wheel, semi-circular with string wound around for handgrips). It looked very well used and ancient! (I felt a bit of the same respect & nostalgia as when touring other "classics" like the DC6 waterbombers in Abbottsford.)

The captain told me he'd been flying 737's for 13 years, and that it was his favorite airplane - he wasn't interested in flying

anything else. I find it strange that I remember this stuff so clearly (I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, or what airports I flew to last week), but I suppose that I was totally enamoured by being in a "big" jet airplane cockpit, so that's what makes it so memorable. I think I was flying twin otters at the time, so this was quite a treat.

Archived