Jazz Joke

Guest Crow

So I've lost my job (laid off) and my last flight was yesterday. It was a great flight with a great captain. The only thing that sort of irritated me was that they removed my mail slot from the crew room before I was even done.

Technically I've got one more day on although it's a day off, so here's the kicker...

This morning I was woken up by crew sked, desparately trying to DRAFT for a series of flights. If recent memory serves me right, that's the fourth time this month they've called to draft. It has also been the busiest month I've had in two years.

I know that I don't see the big picture, but if they are short on pilots, why are they getting rid of them?

At least they did wake me up. I was having a nightmare - trying to land a dash 8 smoothly and hitting the ground so hard over and over again.

Guest Panama Jack

Sorry to hear of your lay-off today. September 11th brought about an opportunity not only for Terrorism from people from different countries, cultures, viewpoints, and religions but also from managements. I got really tired of the constant Terrorism and jerking around that came out of the office in Halifax.

ACJ: "We don't need you"

Pilot: "OK, then let me go on an LOA"

ACJ: "No"

ACJ: "We're going to lay you off because we have a surplus."

Pilot: "OK" (with resignation)

Crew Sked: "We NEED to draft you cause we don't have anyone to fly!"

Pilot: "I have an offer of employment elsewhere-- give me an LOA"

ACJ: "No, we can't because we have a shortage."

Pilot: "But you are going to lay me off."

ACJ: "We have a surplus of pilots."

Pilot: "So let me take the LOA"

ACJ: "No, then we'll have to draft people."

Guys you know the real reason we're laying off don't you? It's so ACPA sees it as being fair. We couldn't have ACPA members being laid off and not us. So we lay off pilots just because the wa wa's don't cry themselves to sleep at night. POLITICS!

Tally-ho

And just to help you out, some other things ACPA is responsible for:

- SARS

- Mad cow

- West Nile Virus

- etc. etc.

Just keep those cynical, hate-mongering posts coming there TH, I'm sure glad most Jazz pilots don't think like you...

Chico

No offense meant, but I fail to see how ACPA relates to crew sked calling me for a draft on the last day before I'm laid off. Getting away from the childish animosity between a few of the pilots in each group is one of the few things that I am looking forward to by being laid off. That's been the one constant that you could depend on to sour an otherwise good day; listening to someone whine about a fellow aviator. I know most of the younger guys and gals would agree, and feel fortunate for the opportunities they have been given.

"Getting away from the childish animosity between a few of the pilots in each group is one of the few things that I am looking forward to by being laid off."

Then why are you here whinning about crew sched?

Archived