Great...

Guest q650

Guest james

Great post for an airline forum.

As much as we all travel, and I am sure we all watch our diet and lady-like figures, but you got to admit it, nothing like a good feed of wings.

Tramps in YOW were great, haven't been there in years, though, and the MMBR&G in Dartmouth are mentionables, but the Holiday Inn Select in downtown Regina have "Greek" wings," out of this world.

Only one thing better.

J

Collenette is a fool he see's the high speed train in the european countries and thinks it will work in Canada, I think Canada is much to big for train service can you see mr businessmen sitting on a train from Toront to Ottawa, I think not. Collenette should wake up and stop trying to set up his pals at Bombardierand and VIA with underminded deals that will not better this country and the people that live here and hurt the other secters in the transportation industry thanks David kick a dog when there down.

Best wings... according to my hubby, right here at home.

This won't help if you're on a layover, but for those who like to cook when they're at home, I found a great wing sauce a while back, I don't order wings when I'm out anymore because they're never as good as my own anymore. You just bake them in the oven according to the instructions on the bottle, or alternatively you can do them on the BBQ and brush the sauce on for the last half of the cooking time. I like the oven method better - it's easier and more foolproof.

The sauce is called Encore Buffalo Style Chicken Wing Sauce. It comes in regular and extra zesty. It's available in Loblaw's stores here in Ontario.

And as for "Only one thing better", by some strange coincidence, my husband swears you can only get that at home too. ;)

Guest Max Continuous

>>And as for "Only one thing better", by some strange coincidence, my husband swears you can only get that at home too.<<

So on those, does he prefer the regular or extra zesty? LOL

Actually, several large Canadian corporations (BCE, BMO, are often using the train service in the YYZ-YOW-YUL corridor as opposed to flying. I've done the train to Ottawa and from downtown to downtown and there's less than one hour difference, not to mention the lower cost, no strip searches in security and you can get up and walk around!

Actually, several large Canadian corporations (i.e. BCE, BMO) are regularly using the train service in the YYZ-YOW-YUL corridor as opposed to flying. I've done the train to Ottawa and from downtown to downtown and there's less than one hour difference, not to mention the lower cost, no strip searches in security and you can get up and walk around!

Actually, several large Canadian corporations (i.e. BCE, BMO) are regularly using the train service in the YYZ-YOW-YUL corridor as opposed to flying. I've done the train to Ottawa and from downtown to downtown, there's less than one hour difference, not to mention the lower cost, no strip searches in security and you can get up and walk around!

Guest PilotsWife

Is this a hot wing sauce? Daughter #2 is headed to YYZ and can get her to pick some up along with Zehrs Lime Cilantro salmon sauce. Things I miss in ole AB.

Yes, it's a hot sauce. I find the extra zesty too hot, but the regular is perfect for me. If you're not sure, maybe she could bring back a bottle of each.

I tried to find it in BC when I was visiting my sister out there, but they didn't have the sauce. They did have a powdered coating mix in a pouch, with the same name and label, but I don't know if it would produce the same results. May be worth a try though.

Ginger Beef, best is at the Hi-Ho in YYC, motel village, near McMahon stadium, off 16th ave NW. Can't be beat imo!

(or was that the Ho-Ho, dunno, one is in YYC the other YQK, something-Ho anyways, it's the one in YYC)

P.S. I think the start to this thread got mixed up somehow, seems like the concersation is about the best wings, but the link is to a story about Collonuts and trains.

MDA

Archived