JAZZ FLIGHT CREWS

wizard

London (yxu) has aircraft cleaners on lay-off and there is only one night cleaner and when this person is on vacation there is no coverage,So If you smell $HIT & pi$$ on your aircraft that's why. Please write this up and send to inflight and don't take your aircraft untill it gets cleaned,this is such poor service and it's only going to get worse as the summer heat continues,we should think about the passenger who steps into a aircraft and the first thing they notice is the smell.

Guest Dash eight

Wizard...

That is the second time this week that we have taken a departure delay for poor grooming service. Why can't management see that what looks good on paper doesn't necessarily work out for the best in real life.

All YXU Pilots please write up or refuse to take any aircraft that is substandard in the cleanliness department.

Guest Peanuts

"Yes", it most certainly should be written up. However, I don't think it is fair to our paying passengers to take a delay for it.

A quick groom job and some fresh scent from the body shop through out the cabin and lav should do the trick.

With a quick groom job I mean crossing seatbelts and removing any newspapers sticking out of the seatpockets.

I'll problably get a lot of heat from this posting and maybe even get called a name or two from cetain induviduals with big vocabularies, but I don't believe that our passengers need to suffer due to our managements incompetence.

IMHO

Peanuts

Hey Peanuts we will not have any passengers if we keep sending them into a aircraft that stinks.And the flight crews should not have to work on a aircraft that stinks and these planes go through toronto SARS,The lavs are not geting wiped down the pillow case's don't get change it's just down right rude to our passengers to let them on a dirty stinky aircraft. So yes I say delay 15-20 min in the AM until you get the aircraft cleaned from the day (line)cleaners.

Are you suggesting that next time a flight is delayed because the inbound has not yet arrived and you are on a station stop, you and the rest of you're crew should just run over and do that flight instead.

OK OK, I'm not trying to start a fight, I just don't think it appropriate to assume that "lead" is lazy because he was waiting for his flight. I don't personally know the ramifications of one guy doing somebody elses job.

If we all spent a day in somebody elses shoes I think the AEF would be a much nicer place.

Guest Peanuts

Hello Par88,

I wish it were just 15-20 mins to get the cabin groomed. Unfortunatly it is more likely to be 30-40 mins from what I have experienced. An announcement to the passengers explaining the gory details is for the most sufficient. If not, then I am sure to the ones it DOES make a difference, they'll be the ones to write in a letter. Now along with your write up and their letter the company will get the message.

( I sincerely hope)

I always think of when I am travelling. To me on time performance is one of the major factors. Especially when I have connections.

IMHO

Peanuts

Guest Below the line

Think of the passengers? Dont take the a/c?

Then take two minutes clean a little,

spray the cabin,get our passengers to

where they want to be,and get grooming there.

Guest Dash eight

so let me get this straight.. you would rather sit on a filthy aircraft with germ laden pillows and blankets and a lav that smells worse than satans breath just as long as you get to your destination on time??? B*******!

Agreed. We have all seen this far too many times and I, for one, find it personally embarrassing. One of the first indicators of an organization in serious decline is employees failing to do sensible things that obviously need doing simply because it was not specifically assigned to them. The optics of this is often worse than the effect. Passengers are not stupid; they have eyes to see, ears to hear and windows to survey the scene. Employees at all levels had best start acting as if they “owned” the company… and SOON!

Guest Peanuts

don't use piloows/blanketsn never have never will.

And as to the lav smelling worse than satans breath. Well,....even after cleaning it is not a very nice smelling place. Hold your breath or add some of your own odor :)

If I were just going to one destination then I wouldn't care about a delay, but if I had multi connections I would be pretty miffed and would rather fly on a stinky plane.

Peanuts

I hate to barge in on someone else's rant, but Mr/Ms Peanuts - you don't have much respect for your customer and I dare say have not spent much time in the Dash 8 in the summer time.

Lavatories on aircraft at the best of times are cesspool clean, bacteria ridden disgusting places to be. I don't even where my work shoes at home because I've walked on aircraft cabin floors. It never ceases to amaze me how some passengers allow their kids or even themselves to walk through the airplane, including the lavs, barefoot.

Not having firsthand knowledge of the YXU base I won't comment on services rendered or not rendered.

But the Dash 8 in summer time is a foul place indeed if left unserviced.

For those who are trying to get things changed, remember the aircraft is also a food serving establishment. Go see the local food inspectors and get their opinion!

Guest Peanuts

Hey Moon,

I have worked the Dash 7 and 8 on many hot summer days. And oh what a joy that was !

However, I just said in another post that sometimes it is not just something the groomers can fix. Perhaps a fire extinguisher filled with bleach sprayed throughout the entire aircraft :)

I crinch every time I see somebody who lets their baby/child crawl over that foul germ infested carpet.

Peanuts

Archived