Missed alot, or nothing?

dagger

Just back from two weeks overseas and only two items of Canadian news were making the French papers: SARS and the ACPA pilots' tentative agreement. Somehow, you have to think that the two situations are inextricably linked, and until SARS is wrestled down - bad news on that front today with the possible Whitby outbreak - I don't see how some of you can possibly think AC has some secret stash of cash with which to make better offers.

You can tell a lot by the passengers on Flight 881 from Paris - very well crewed, I might add, and completely uneventful like I like it. On the other hand, CDG is a bit like Paris at the start of the revolution - in the hands of an angry mob. I felt like Sidney Carton elbowing amid the throngs waiting for security, passport control (two agents checking all passengers in Terminal 2A), spectactularly ineffecient and French - I wonder who was on strike this time?

Anyways, the AC881 passengers I met with included lots of Americans transiting to the US (which means AC is dumping fares in the US to get its hands on some cash). Lots of passengers connecting to the MidEast and the subcontinent. A bit of a boost from groups which attended the Juno Beach celebrations. So pretty cutrate traffic with which to try to cover the fuel bill on an A330. The French aren't coming at any price.

Welcome home Dagger. You didn't miss much... A few folks wondered where you were... A few folks wondered where any of us were... I took my tools home the night of the last ACPA deadline extension. (that's the first time I ever had that little confidence)

But here we all are still squabblin' over the same old stuff. Ahh, but now we're doing it on a dedicated server... Seems we had the old one smokin' so our gracious hosts decided to move the whole mess to one on it's own.

Cheers,

Mitch

Sorry guys could not post a new message.

A bit more of a fun post.

Who all is attending the World Airline Road Race in Orlando this year.Time to forget the issues, company names and have a great time together as aviation enthusiast.

Guest theman

Ça doit être ça , c'est pourquoi ça se permet de chialler contre les gens de CDG...Probablement qu'il se ferait tuer en allant a YUY ou YBG ou YYY ouYGR etc.... Let's learn french............

Je comprends tres bien le francais... but I hate writing it because I am too self-conscious about mistakes. It's different when I speak "la langue de Molieres."

As for CDG, if you suffered through the airport chaos there this past week, you would know. I could crap over Heathrow Terminal 4 - one of my least favorite airline places on earth - but that's for another trip.

chuckle.... chuckle grunt, sniff...

"Is that all of it?" she asked...... :o

"no dear, that's just the expensive stuff" ??

I think I'd better drop this line of thought before it all starts sounding too twisted.

Archived