Westjet and aircanada

Guest Dash eight

Guest Dash eight

You know you can always pick out westjet employees on here as they must be the ones that post replies etc and never complain or moan on like the ac guys do.

You can also tell it's a Westjet guy because he's always waving his Westjet flag and telling anyone that will listin that his airline is the best and they like to rub it in as far as they can.But what comes around goes around .

Guest jackofalltrades

What comes around goes around!! I couldn't agree more. Its been a long time coming and its coming around right now!!

Guest jackofalltrades

Meaning AC has had this coming for a long time, and I for one am not upset!

Guest Rubber Ducky

I'm not positive but I think he's refering to the Air Canada situation. Air Canada has been responsible for the demise of every company I have ever worked for up to now. however it's important to note that Air Canada employee's should not be blamed for folly of thier management. The average Joe at AC is just looking to feed his kids and make a living just like us WJers. I ask that we at WJ "raise the bar" by treating our collegues with the respect due fellow aviation professionals. It would also be nice to show a little sympathy for the thousands of employees (not all that different from us) who don't know if their going to have a job in a month. My apologies to all AC employees for the lack of Class displayed by a few of my co-workers. The majority of us wish you the best of luck.

You seem to think that being proud and letting your smile overflow are bad things.

These might have been in short supply at AC for a while, but I say, anyone able to do good work in aviation today has earned some crowing rights.

AC staff have some heavy lifting to do, but you want to bet that, if they are successful, there will be plenty of noise coming from the AC team as well.

Just my opinion.

Guest Dash eight

We jazz employees are only disgruntled due to the fact that AC governs the hell out of us and instead of being able to run the aircraft type(s) that we should be into the roots that we could make a go of we get squeezed back under AC'S thumb...

Guest Stealth

Jackof, you are a vitriolic languetti mamau pau. May you live a long life in very intersting times.

I Have said it before and I will say it again. The best thing for everyone in this country is to have both airlines making a profit. If the gov't got their hands out of the industries pockets I think the situation would be very different.

I second your thought about wishing their employees good luck and I hope the people running the show make the right moves.

I don't agree totally with the lack of class shown in some posts but I think they are more directed to the upper management of AC. They have tried for years to take our jobs away by their preditory buisness plan. You can understand that some Westjetters think that Milton and Smith had this coming. I don't feel for them but I do feel for the quaility employees A/C has.

One counter agent for A/C had a guest miss his flight to YVR and was connecting to Asia on a later A/C flight. She went out of her way to help him out and she ended up calling our airline. The guest ended up making the cnx thanks to this lady. I hope for her sake that A/C pulls through and I look forward to arguing on this website 20 years from now.

Guest Rubber Ducky

Well said. Totally agree that Milton and Smith had it coming. Unfortunately in this industry its always the workers that pay the price. The people responsible always land on their feet to put their third and forth airline into the dirt. Maybe I've taken the tone of some posts wrong (and I think some AC employee's see it the way I have), but some of the "claimed" Westjetters seem to be enjoying the AC employee's predicament. I am proud of our company and would like to see us as a group show integrity , Class and compassion to our Air Canada colleagues.

Rubberducky,

Thanks for putting a positive tone to the situation. I think that most AC pilots are generally very impressed with WJ and of the accomplishments. The guys that I know that are there are great pilots and great people.

All in all, the same goes for Jazz, AC and WJ. I think that we are all pretty well the same, just different companies. Having worked for both a regional and now the mainline, I haven't seen much difference between the two groups. At both groups, beer is drunk, cheap crappy food (especially free bar food) is eaten and 5 minutes free preview on the X-channels are used. I am sure WJ is the same (other than the fact that you guys have the discretionary income to press "confirm" on the converter).

Guest Rubber Ducky

Drinking beer as we speak, will seek out crappy food shortly, but unfortionately due to an incompetent high school guidence counsler I'm an AME so don't have discretionary income for even a basic cable package.

Archived