Air Canada - The Way Ahead

Guest Phugoid

Guest Phugoid

Given the recent announcements by Air Canada on their financial results for 2002, the first quarter of 2003, and April, there have been some interesting comments on Air Canada's short term strategy (grounding 40 aircraft). Does anybody have any objective recommendations on what Air Canada should do short term and long term to turn the company around and make it profitable?

Guest Go Around

What makes you so sure the cost structure of the "third party vendors" you mention is below that of WestJet? Are you suggesting a metro should take over the flying of a dash or 146?

Guest stick man

It's too bad that there are idiots out there that are so willing to sell us out. Quality service on connector routes replaced by a screaming metro or a claustrophobic beech. Nice. Are you a mainline pilot, pal? Cause I'm probably half your age and have half your experience, but when your plan puts me out on the street I, too, will be willing to do your job for half of what they pay you. If , you know, they do the smart thing and contract your flying out. A$$HOLE!

Guest PortTack

Let me guess where you work, a Tier III? What is inflexable about Jazz's contracts? Do you have any facts?

Guest b52er

Actually, AC and Its employees started that race 3 years ago. In case you haven't noticed....You are at the bottom. Its up to the rest of us to pull everyone else back up.

Guest Frog

ALPA refused Tier 3 over a period of time in 2001 and 2002. Speak with the reps in the yyz ALPA offices and they will confirm.

Mr. F,

You sure come across as an angry and bitter individual. Maybe it is the medium being used to communicate. :-)

You state:

"Then the next big scabs were all the CRA guys that signed for DH-8 jobs for $22k a year before they were bought out by AC and given huge pay boosts."

I never flew the DH8 for that wage and the wages were substantially higher than that pre AC.

Looking for scapegoats is easy. Finding constructive solutions is more difficult, but effort better spent. IMHO (B)

Guest stick man

Neither Jazz, ACR, CRA, AO, ABC or Nova have ever had the authourity to decide who is allowed ALPA representation in Canada. Bearskin is Alpa, aren't they? What are you getting at?

You seem to have lost touch with reality, pal. Maybe take a break from the stress of responding to every posting in every thread and get outside for a while.

seeker.

Further to Mr. Frustrated's postings...the ACPA pilots were also responsible for bringing SARS to Canada, the CRA scabs brought AIDS to Regina and Kamploops and the tier III pilots singlehandly brought down the Berlin Wall...gimme us break Frustrated.

Guest PortTack

>>Need I go on?<<

I really wish you wouldn't as you have obviously no clue as to what reality is.

You contradict yourself in the same post by accusing others of lowering the bar while insisting everyone should lower the bar.

I can see how you must be frustrated. What you do need is Mr. Glen Fidick....cheers

Guest Frog

Notice I said ALPA refused! On the other hand ALPA was interested and, in the end, it was AO/Jazz that quashed any plans.

Archived