Airmail - AC CUPE - CCAA

dragon

Ya, you are correct.

I always try and get the 'Facts', as difficult as that can be sometimes..

I am going to call Don, I know him pretty well, and if you like I can email you the Coles notes..

Re: Full disclosure. Was only offered to "some" of the executive. It was decided, by ACPA Exec that this would cause problems internally, they refused to sign it. Nonetheless, the unions are in this together, CA or not, I am sure there is little confidentiality between the presidents of four unions. Of course I am not suggesting anything, nor could I prove any of that..

Again, I am with you, what is the delay? As I said yesterday, I hope the Judge gets to the bottom of this and teaches grown men and women how to act like grown men and women and to spank any slow learners as required..

cheers

I don't know which page you're reading from Airmail, but that it didn't go well wasn't in dispute I didn't think, am I wrong?

And what I was happy to hear, was that he wasn't going to claim he'd done nothing wrong.

Right on Dragon! While yer at it tell Johnson to quit with the posturing and posing. Just makes all the pilots look like a bunch of intransigent jerks. We either agree to the cut or the judge's gonna impose it. It would certainly help the cause with the travelling public who, after all, pay our salaries, if we got out of this reactionary mode. I grant you that Don & ACPA MEC know alot more about this than I do, but ACPA does not pay my salary, AC does and my #1 priority is the survival, successful restructuring, and long-term viability of this airline to which I have given 30 years of my professional flying life, and which has given me, in return, a wonderful career. Don't want to see it end on a sour note.

Cheers "Dragon."

"I"man

Guest Airmail

I have no qualms about admiting that things did not turn out perfectly but to pin it on Milton is a little too convenient for me.

Airmail:

I think your right on this one!

To pin everything on Milton is painting with a Brush that is too large. We don't know all the words that were spoken behind closed doors with the FOOL's on the hill, after watching our Transport minister , I can only imagine just how much of this is his fault also!.

Frosty

Convenient? Hell, I don't have to look far at all to find people who contributed to the huge debacle that was. Convenience isn't the root of blame there at all. The buck stops at his feet, that's all.

There were losses of all kinds through that process that I'm sure all of us, with the advantage of sober second thought, would love to correct. It's taken a while, but I've even heard some of the local managers regretting some mistakes.

That's one positive, oddly enough, about this CCAA position. We're all together through this, finally. None of us seem to be seeing things as us and them at this point. There's obviously still some errors left to be corrected, in both directions, but if we do manage to eek our way back into existence as a new leaner more competitive airline, we'll be much better off for that.

Now as a cynical point of view!

Remember the history of Unions......

They have had to fight tooth and nail for every little gain that has been won over the last 100 years , and in doing so have dragged (kicking all the way) the non union places to pay their employee's better.

BUT the fact is at this point the unions have also become victims of their own success,while at the same time becomming political entities in their own rights. For every employee that is unionized there is a set amount taken from their pay as union dues.

Also remember that when you take a paycut so does the union(through dues) , when you layoff , well those dues are totaly gone. So like it or not unions themselves have become the big business that they love to hate!

Frosty

Mitch....these two and others just don't get it. Sure I understand that Milton couldn't be resposible for every error AC has made [and believe me there have been many]. What we are saying is that he is the one in charge, he is the CEO, he is the leader, he is in a position to make the necessary changes that were required back a year or 18 months ago. He didn't. He had his own plans that in the opinion of many did not work. I frankly am embarrassed by his remarks to the media. I'm embarassed by his lack of a restructuring plan. His demands to HIS employees are outrages.

Plan and simple...HE IS NOT THE PERSON FOR THE JOB AND MUST GO !!!! Sooner the better.

Guest Kal

So the big guy was visiting the pigpen ( this forum) and tok exception to you calling him stupid and called you on it??? Is that right??

Yikes, if he is paying any attention to this medium I'm really scared now.

Guest George

Well, I am embarrassed that you claim to be an AC employee, so I guess it washes out in the end.

GG

Archived