Airmail

UpperDeck

Airmail...born yesterday? You have GOT to be kidding.....integrity? Let's see...pay me his salary and I'll (1) take the deductible capital loss and (2) take the charitable contribution deduction and, (3) for minimal investment attest to my independence. And, by the way, once out of restructuring, I'll take options in the "new" stock. And how's your portfolio holding up?

Guest rollingrock

well said upperdeck. it was like flipping a loonie into a tin can when you make his money. do you think he would have done the same thing if it was worth 210,000 instead of 21,000?... i doubt it.

Guest Airmail

Yes, integrity.

Milton has handled himself in an honourable way throughout this process. Unlike some CEOs like Mullen and Carty who say one thing and so another, Milton has been truthful in his communications to employees.

If you have any doubts, give a read to his various employee letters where he makes it clear that we would have faced CCAA if the unions did not act. He was pretty clear from the start.

The truth may make him unpopular but he has stuck by the truth at every turn. To me, that's integrity.

As for personal sacrifice, Milton has acted without trying to make a martyr of himself -- whether it was the salary freeze he took in summer 2001, the pay reduction he took ahead of every airline CEO in August 2001 (ahead of 9/11) or his offer to take a major pay reduction if the unions acted, he's always done so without making a public spectacle of the action. To me, that sounds an awful lot like integrity.

Airmail.......Pretty good spin. Don't agree with any of what you say. Milton has been running this ship for almost 4 years now. Do you not remember his 180 day promise where his mug was plastered all over the tv and newspapers. Not many customers or employees believe he met the standard of service he was trying to meet. He botched the cp/ac merger BIG time. He made the employee stock options worthless. He must go and sooner the better. IMO of course.

Let me get this straight - Mr. Milton is to blame because the employees couldn't meet the standard of service that the customers wanted. I guess he might be to blame for overestimating what the employees were capable of.

Guest Airmail

Huh?

He tried to convince the employees not to make their stock worthless but their unions wanted "full pay until the last day". Go and read what each union leader said about needing to go to CCAA before contributing to $650 million -- then you can start laying blame about the share price.

On 180-day, was there an improvement in the service? It would be hard to argue that there wasn't and it was followed by AC winning some major international awards such as Best Airline in North America according to the readers of the OAG.

On AC-CP, it was probably the most complex airline acquisition in history and complicated further by government intervention at every turn -- the government signed a deal to allow it to go through then subsequently undid portions of the deal by doing things like creating rules just for AC and no other corporation or industry in this country, rules that have been struck down by the courts! The fact that Milton has been able to keep this thing together against a government which is hell bent on its failure (don't forget the only two profitable quarters of any legacy airline in North America alst year) is a tremendous accomplishment in and of itself.

Guest Virtual

Apparently, those that are putting in the
big bucks insist on him being there. On that
point alone .... it's time to quit criticizing and let him do his job. They don't want anyone else so, without him, they won't be needing you either. Now, you do your job ... as
you are either contributing or contaminating.

Archived