Helping hands on AC

Kip Powick

Damn... I knew I was a sap, but I wouldn't have guessed I'd get such a wet face when I read that....

Man it's nice to hear that sort of stuff can happen... makes me think maybe we're not such a doomed race after all. Way-ta-go folks! What a heart warming story.... Kudos to the lot of 'em!

I think the puke who stole the money will wind up feeling pretty small for that... even if the notion only hits him on his death bed, he'll hurt for it.

Damn... I knew I was a sap, but I wouldn't have guessed I'd get such a wet face when I read that....

Man it's nice to hear that sort of stuff can happen... makes me think maybe we're not such a doomed race after all. Way-ta-go folks! What a heart warming story.... Kudos to the lot of 'em!

I think the puke who stole the money will wind up feeling pretty small for that... even if the notion only hits him on his death bed, he'll hurt for it.

It's a nice read for another reason:

It's fashionable in the airline industry to point fingers. The customers talk about "mean" flight attendants and "mean" passenger agents. There's even a "Why are NA flight attendants so mean" thread on Airliners.net. Then you watch a show like "Airline" on A&E, and you are convinced that every Southwest passenger is a besotted thug who shouldn't have a need to buy an airline ticket - they could get to where they want on their broom.

In the end, we are reminded that most airline personnel and most passengers are very nice people with everyday concerns, and that most people will rise above the mundane to be helpful.

You read the newspaper and think that an airline has gone out of its way to be insensitive to a handicapped person, but the newspaper rarely understands the subtleties that may have contributed to the situation. It just comes across as "mean, mean airline". In fact, "mean, mean airline" carries tens of thousands of people in similar circumstances with incident or disappointment.

It's a mean world out there. Then again, maybe not.

Archived