TSB anticipatory staffing for operations investigators

The following job opportunity advertisement is now posted on the Public Service Resourcing System, with a closing date of May 3, 2025:

Position Title: (Anticipatory) Various Senior Investigator positions-Operations (Air)

Group and Level: AO-CAI-03

Locations: Various

Selection Process Number: 24-TSB-AIR-INV-EA-018

Manager : Natacha Van Themsche

Link: (Anticipatory) Various Senior Investigator positions-Operations (Air) (cfp-psc.gc.ca)

Happy Birthday!!

• Like 1

Just getting started...that is awesome.

17 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

.PS..My birhday was 03 May 😇

Belated happy birthday, old bean.

From a slightly younger old bean. 

P.S., what kinda car are you treating yourself with? Corvette? Aston Martin? 

1 hour ago, J.O. said:

Belated happy birthday, old bean.

From a slightly younger old bean. 

P.S., what kinda car are you treating yourself with? Corvette? Aston Martin? 

Hi Jeff.....been a long time eh !!

I still remember when Di and I were passengers on one of your flights and how you made it personal that we were well looked after by your crew when you were flying for Canada 3000.

I started to laugh when I read your comment about the type of car I was treating myself to...

Back in 2018, a few months after Di passed, my  Buick LeSabre was on its last legs so I slipped back to my youth and bought a used 2016 Malibu, fully loaded, (I  bought my first car, a 1965 Malibu Model SS,when I graduated from flight school.....cost was $ 2679.00, fully loaded ).😮

Out here we, also  had a 2014 Yaris hatchback that was basically Di's car...economical and easy to run around in the city and easy to park. I have been using  that car  for the same thing and the Malibu is basically only used for long trips to visit my kids and their families.

Bought myself and early Birthday present on 01 May.....Found a 2020 Yaris 5 door hatchback  in Montreal, so took a train to Montreal and picked it up..The 2020  was the last year Yaris was made, although the frame and other aspects are now incorporated in the Mazda 2.........This was a winner find as this particular 2020 Yaris had 4000 km on it, was part of an estate sale and was in show room condition as the previous owner just kept it in a garage .......so anyway, I thought I would play with it...put on outrageous front seatcovers, Weather Tech floor matts, slightly larger rally sport tires on gloss black spoked rims.Full window tint, and just got back from the garage as I wanted to ascertain whether a Thrush Turbo muffler would fit..it will and has been ordered.  The "Yaris"chrome decal badge on the hatch has been moved up a bit and a chrome "Sports" badge has been offset and added below the "Yaris" badge.....across from that, on the other side of the hatch  is a chrome "Turbo". Small racing stripes on both mirrors. Mounted a newer dash cam on the rearview mirror. and going to do the same thing I did on the 2014 Yaris, mount an internal gizmo that makes the third brake light sequence 5 times and then go steady when the brakes are applied.

Get ready to laugh.......🤣

Engine....4 cylinder....1.5L......106HP....  (there is not, nor has there ever been, a Turbo Yaris....engine rated to about 200-250K km

It is not a "hiway" car ...too small, but sure makes life easy when doing errands !!!

PS....I had the chrome "Turbo" badge on the 2014 Yaris and was sitting at a stop light when another Yaris, same color as mine pulled up behind me.The guy turned to his wife, got her attention and smiled when he saw we were identical cars...then he noticed the chrome  "Turbo" badge and started an animated conversation with his wife. Light turned green and he followed me to a grocery store and parked close to me....Came over and asked where I got my Yaris and said he didn't know Yaris made a Turbo model......I just smiled and told him it was a custom order I made through a friend who worked at Toyota, he looked kinda sad, said thanks, and slowly walked back to his car ..........so much fun so little time... 🤣

Be kind and be safe

Posted (edited)

Lol, I should have known you'd be having fun with it! 

I understand your connection with the Malibu. When I was just about 5, our neighbour picked up a shiny new 66 Malibu SS in blue. I don't remember much from that time but I remember him bringing it to our farm to show it off. I also remember how he cared for it like a first born child, hand washing it every day when he got home from work. He was 15 years younger than my dad but still a close friend of his and kinda the big brother I never had. Dad and I had many rides in that Malibu to the local drive-in for foot longs and a shake on a Saturday night. I can still hear the tinny speaker calling out our order when it was time to pick it up. We always sat at a picnic table because eating in his car was verboten.

John died of pancreatic cancer around the time I started flight instructing. Eventually his car went up for sale and it broke my heart that I didn't have the money to buy it because I most certainly would have. I regret not finding a way to make it happen. His sister came to Dad's funeral last year and we shared a fond memory of their friendship and John's car. I also found out that his car is still owned by the same guy who bought it in '82 and that she's neighbours with him in Kitchener. Part of me would love to look him up but I guess that would be a tad creepy.

One very minor point, your flight with me was on a Skyservice A320 - was that to San Andres?

Have a great day my friend. I'm not far from hitting the silk and moving back east. It would be a hoot to catch up someday over a cold one. I could listen to your flying stories for a week.

Edited by J.O.