The AC APP (Biometric beta version)

Kip Powick

I tried to get a digital profile going on the AC APP, in fact I tried three times and each time it failed and could not complete the set-up.

The problem is that when the APP reads the chip in my Passport it gets my birth year starting with 20 instead of 19  so the APP says they can not proceed.  The year in my Passport  (bottom lines on the picture page ) is correct.

I sent an email to the "techies" at AC and the reply I got was that I "probably did not have a good  connection". I called my son who is a bit of IT guru and he said I should download a couple of NFC APP s that can read the chip in the Passport. 

I did that and two different APPs got my birth year correct so "son"said the OCR in the AC APP may have a flaw but I have not heard of anyone else having the problem I am experiencing.

Anyone ???

Hi Kip, just made mine today and it worked (Samsung S9). Took a little moving around the passport to find the NFC sweet spot but it worked.

6 hours ago, JL said:

Hi Kip, just made mine today and it worked (Samsung S9). Took a little moving around the passport to find the NFC sweet spot but it worked.

Thanks I use  an iPhone 14 Pro  and  the NFC scanner is on the top edge of the iPhone so it was no trouble getting AC scanner to pick up the data, except it keeps on making the birth year as 20 XX instead of 19 XX.

I have a trip loaded in it now so after the flight I will reload the APP but I don't think it will make much difference as I tried to get the APP to scan  after deleteing the APP and reinstalling twice before.

2 hours ago, conehead said:

Maybe he's really younger than we think. 😃

The App comes out and says   ......

!  THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH YOUR DOCUMENT.

WE CANOT PROCEED FURTHER BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS

Eligibility ( age under 18 years old)

Well, still young at heart, but not that young😅

• 3 months later...