To keep or donate!

thor

No matter how it was done, anyone giving to organizations, including Ron''s House, are people who understand what the "giving" spirit really is. I only wish I could give more to the Toronto Sick Kids hospital and in all honesty if I luck in with a LOTTO win, a good piece of that"Freebee" will be going there.

Until you have had a tour through that hospital, you don't fully realize how fortunate you are if you have children and they all are all healthy...

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

No matter how it was done, anyone giving to organizations, including Ron''s House, are people who understand what the "giving" spirit really is. I only wish I could give more to the Toronto Sick Kids hospital and in all honesty if I luck in with a LOTTO win, a good piece of that"Freebee" will be going there.

Until you have had a tour through that hospital, you don't fully realize how fortunate you are if you have children and they all are all healthy...

I spent many months/days/hours volunteering at the Children's Hospital Hospice (one on one with some very sick children), so I completely understand how lucky we are / were with ours. I still question the hype and honesty of such commercials.  I wonder how much money was raised and the usefulness of the trips to the parents of the children. My experience was that the only rest they got was when their children came to the hospice for respite care. Most children, sadly, came for "end of life" care.

A little off topic, but I recently saw an excellent example of local charity work. We attended a fundraising dinner for a charity that supports the breast cancer clinic at the local hospital. The women who run the charity know how to get it done. Every single dime they raise goes directly to the purchase of equipment for the hospital. There is zero administrative overhead because everything is donated. Local businesses and individuals donate the catering, decorations, prizes, auction items, DJ services, etc. Even their website account is donated! They raised over $250,000 at the gala and dinner alone - a remarkable achievement for a town this size. Thanks to their efforts, the local clinic is seen as the best in the west.

Archived