Solidarity?

deicer

What a great gesture. I suspect that many others who rely on what they do would support that.

I have to think that if someone is deemed an "Essential service",  and is therefore obliged to work, but is  not paid, is truly being stiffed.  

This should not be legal. These people are not indentured slaves.

Essential service, you get paid.

18 hours ago, Innuendo said:

What a great gesture. I suspect that many others who rely on what they do would support that.

I have to think that if someone is deemed an "Essential service",  and is therefore obliged to work, but is  not paid, is truly being stiffed.  

This should not be legal. These people are not indentured slaves.

Essential service, you get paid.

I totally agree. Imagine a private sector CEO telling his employees they must continue working but they won’t get paid because the BOD won’t give him money for a stupid idea and he’s having a hissy fit. 

In any case, this show of solidarity and compassion is in the media now. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/01/12/canadian-air-traffic-controllers-buy-pizza-for-american-colleagues-affected-by-u-s-government-shutdown_a_23641079/

Nice gesture.

From what I can tell, a heck of a lot of good Americans are willing to do their best to support their Country & President through a difficult time; they know they'll be paid in due course.

" Imagine a private sector CEO telling his employees they must continue working but they won’t get paid because the BOD won’t give him money"

Why pretend?

What about the real world interventions of government into the private sector that take place such as the time they hijacked the negotiation process and legislated ready to strike private sector employees to remain at work and attend a forced one side takes all arbitration on the basis the organization provided an essential service for the moment?

28 minutes ago, DEFCON said:

Nice gesture.

From what I can tell, a heck of a lot of good Americans are willing to do their best to support their Country & President through a difficult time; they know they'll be paid in due course.

" Imagine a private sector CEO telling his employees they must continue working but they won’t get paid because the BOD won’t give him money"

Forget pretend; I can recall our government legislating private sector employees that were in a position to strike to remain at work and attend a forced one side takes all arbitration on the basis the government felt the organization provided an essential service.

Seems to me though that they continued to get paid.  So that is the difference.  Trump is like the play ground bully that takes his ball and leaves when you will not play by his rules. 

Archived