Computer...(OT)

I use windows 10 and have done since it first came out. No major problems and def. no security breaches, I do however use Mcafee rather than the built in security that comes with windows 10. Everything I use is of course also password protectived

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I use windows 10 and have done since it first came out. No major problems and def. no security breaches, I do however use Mcafee rather than the built in security that comes with windows 10. Everything I use is of course also password activated.

Malcolm, I don't actually think you've read anything in this thread.

5 minutes ago, seeker said:

I don't care if you agree or disagree but when you post comments that aren't connected to the thread it just seems odd. 

example????

Microsoft’s Windows 10 push comes to shove for some angry users

Mon May 30, 2016 - Financial Post
Brandon Bailey, The Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO — Microsoft really, REALLY wants you to upgrade to Windows 10.

Since last summer, the tech giant has pushed and prodded PC owners to upgrade their machines to its latest Windows version. While the upgrade is currently free for most consumers with Windows PCs, critics say the company’s heavy-handed nudging amounts to an “offer you can’t refuse.”

Microsoft initially offered Windows 10 as an optional upgrade — that is, one that users had to choose themselves. Then, earlier this year, the company reclassified it as a “recommended” update. Some Windows 10 holdouts cried foul, since many PCs are set up to automatically install recommended updates, which are usually important security fixes. Suddenly those machines would automatically install Windows 10 as well.

At one point, some PC owners complained, Microsoft began sending on-screen messages prompting them to download and install Windows 10. The catch: Where most such pop-up windows have buttons marked “OK” and “Cancel,” this message displayed two buttons that both led to an upgrade (“Upgrade Now” and “Upgrade Tonight”). To avoid the upgrade, diehard resisters had to click a red “X” in the upper-right corner that closed the window.

Microsoft then revised the notifications, citing customer feedback. A new version tells PC owners they are scheduled for a “recommended” upgrade to Windows 10 at a specific time in the near future, and bears a prominent “OK” button. To reject or reschedule the change, users have to find and click a less conspicuous link in small type. But clicking the “X” no longer blocks the upgrade.

'Some PC users reacted as though Microsoft had left a horse’s head in their bed.'

Been using windows 10 since its final Beta release.  Now using it as my regular OS on my PC and my work Laptop has it installed.  Far better that windows 7.  I do have a few incompatibilities but they are 3rd party issues that are being corrected by the vendors.

No OS issues to speak of.

32 minutes ago, boestar said:

Been using windows 10 since its final Beta release.  Now using it as my regular OS on my PC and my work Laptop has it installed.  Far better that windows 7.  I do have a few incompatibilities but they are 3rd party issues that are being corrected by the vendors.

No OS issues to speak of.

I too have no problems but I guess if I thought "they were out to get me" I would trash my pc, divorce my internet connection, throw away my smart phone and rely on snail mail and personal banking. :lol:

Archived