Wj Picks Up Cdns Stuck In Cabo Gratis.

Thebean

The story found through the link Lakelad posted above says everything that needs to be said about corporate charity programs. It's not as if WJ was doing something wrong as the story is similar under any other flag, but it's a bit of a stretch to suggest corporate good deeds are anything other than self-promotion programs. Paul Bergala couldn't have spun this story up any better than you Bean.

Bean you make it sound as if WS is the Salvation Army or the Red Cross....

WS just took a different approach from the traditional press release, the spin office just called various media outlets directly.... Still a press release at the end of the day, at the vary least a news tip...

You conspiracy theorists are seriously overthinking this..

If you think WJ has the time to be making furtive anonymous calls to various media outlets tipping people off to their second, not the first, flight to Cabo, you are fooling yourself.

If they want the publicity, they upload a press release to CNW and be done with it.

You forget that the Feds tweeted a message advising any interested parties that the flight was operating and open to any and all on a gratis basis. And don't underestimate the exponential impact of friends talking to friends talking to friends about the issue. If you'd had your kids stuck down there, would you not have talked to others about the situation?

Such a flight was never going to stay quiet.

For the record, I don't recall seeing Sunwing issuing a press release about either of their two flights to SJD. They weren't looking for PR.

Call a spade a spade. Transat wanted some publicity for staff donating funds for some tickets to repatriate some sailers and took the usual proactive measures to achieve that result.

I'm not sure why Transat didn't simply donate the seats, but that's their business, Loads to Istanbul aren't overflowing these days and I can't imagine their cost for each of the seats on an already scheduled flight exceeded 10 cents a mile on that 4,800 mile sector, valuing the entire exercise at about $7,500 all in.

To put it in perspective, YYC-SJD-MZT-YYC is about 4,200 miles and even excluding the sales and marketing costs out of the hourly costs, it would cost any 737 operator about $6,000 an hour, or a total of something in the order of $54,000 to operate that rotation.

No one said what Transat did it was bad or good.

Individuals are making that inference, which says more about them than it does about the actual event.

Ahh HOMER is at it again! It's easy to see you sir Don't ever have much good to say about any Canadian carrier other then Westjet. Here is a tip FREE of charge. TRZ.B. About 500 Million C.O.H Power by the hour A330 and Zero monthly payments for A310.They just bought em ! Oh and a nice price point around 9 bucks.Thats your language me think's!! By the way good on Westjet and Sunwing for for picking up those stranded pax in Cabo.

Ahh HOMER is at it again! It's easy to see you sir Don't ever have much good to say about any Canadian carrier other then Westjet. Here is a tip FREE of charge. TRZ.B. About 500 Million C.O.H Power by the hour A330 and Zero monthly payments for A310.They just bought em ! Oh and a nice price point around 9 bucks.Thats your language me think's!! By the way good on Westjet and Sunwing for for picking up those stranded pax in Cabo.

Welcome chaster. A bit of advice, slow down and slag people properly. Your post is very disjointed and hard to read.

Hmm. The picture, (a JPEG screenshot), shows up just fine on my notebook browser from another IP address, (YLW), on a different computer that the one it was originally posted from.

XP / Firefox.

It's a facebook post from someone from Edmonton who was caught in SJD and was flown back to Canada gratis.

The WJ PR factory was working overtime to figure out how to cause a hurricane to hit SJD, cause all that damage and manage to turn it into a PR win.

:wink_smile:[

attachment=2782:image.jpg]

post-5306-0-85246500-1411916236_thumb.jp

Archived