20/20 Tonight

Kip Powick

From the TV Guide....

Pilots and flight attendants who have had serious breakdowns during a flight; airplane passengers -- including celebrities -- who have behaved badly; finding romance in the air; air traffic control highlights; a glimpse inside the TSA warehouse

Dork: Just curious, as a retiree I have lots of time to post on this forum etc but your posts are beginning to out number mine (go figure :Grin-Nod: ), are you also a retiree or perhaps someone who flys an office chair? You do seem to have more "down time" than the average working pilot. Cheers Malcolm

Well, I don't come often but when I do, watch out.

Dork

:blush:

Specs speak of holes as you wish.

Smurf not even close. Watching the show like you.

Am crazy though always have been...you need to be. Have visited this and the old foum since 1992..an old habit.

Well how refreshing..a little more bashing here on the Aef when folks are not of the AC bashing Ilk. Rather boring site otherwise.

Kind of interesting the whole rush to aid the corporate greed folks though.

Interesting as well that TC is under attack for cutbacks and the whole oversight of air safety is taking a major step back. The TC inspector I had lunch with yesterday is leaving and heading for employment elsewhere out of disgust...But I digress.

While on the topic of AC..or is that Canadian, TransAir, Nordair, Wardair, Trans Canada Airlines, Canadian Regional, The Former Ac Connectors, Bush Pilots, MilitaryPilots, Former east Bloc Military Pilots, Emirates, Westjet,Air Arabia and a whole lot more. The brush that you tar these folks with is a little small and worn. What would these folks know about aviation?

How fast folks here have been to advocate taking their life savings, dismiss them and hand it over to the Vulture and Hedge Fund crowd,,

Better to shut up anyone who talks about aviation..especially pilots No wonder folks are losing their marbles in this industry.

Back to bashing...who's next?

Dork

Smurf. Maybe you had better take a look at the Lufthansa Pilot Group for further information. Take a little peak at what occured when Luthansa attempted the same nonsense.

You are entitled to you opinion..as Blah as mine might seem. I agree to disagree.

For further on running an airline look up Hollis Harris and Kevin Benson. Pick up the Book From Worst To First and get back to us later.

As for how the company is being run right now..you pick your heros on that one.

Dork

Not all the answers..but asking questions...Where is all the money going?

P.S. Come to the other foum and identify yourself there and we can have a real discussion.

Seem to me you are avoiding the question but perhaps I posed it in a too "Liberal" manner so to speak.

Are you an acitve flying pilot at AC or someone who is flying a desk for what ever reason. Reason I ask is that based on the hours posted by others for an active pilot, you seem to have many more free to post on this forum. I can understand why you would not want to answer but........................................ :icon_anal: Cheers Malcolm

Malcom, thanks for the straight forward question.

I am a line AC Capt A320. Have flown all Boeing widebody AC for 8 years and am from the Air Force. Have done fast mover time and heavy time. Depot Test Pilot time, regional and corporate time started out as an Air Cadet. Only 37 years in aviation in total with hopefully some more time left.

Now on vacation going back on Friday..and have been on the sidelines unhappily watching the show unfold.

Like to pot stir from time to time..you mised the inuendo in my post you quoted..and I laugh at all the AC hate.

Have 2 job offers on the table now and am waiting if the geniuses running the company will throw 1000 good pilots to the street and feed off of the remainder.

Lorenzo is well remembered and was banned from aviation afterwards. Hoffa stole pension funds and went to jail. Today is a new day.

It was comical to watch the Transport Minister's rep yesterday on the CBC defending the Govt's actions of denying collective bargaining. TC has 10% cuts in the works and is having it's inspector division slashed.

It's SMS to the rescue..

Well enough of that. Enjoy the business orgy going on right now and watch them feast off of the carcasses of my fellow pilots and their families.

I am not enjoying the show. This is not the Big Union Show..this is the Big Government and Big Business Show.

Dork

Lorenzo is well remembered and was banned from aviation afterwards. Hoffa stole pension funds and went to jail. Today is a new day.

It was comical to watch the Transport Minister's rep yesterday on the CBC defending the Govt's actions of denying collective bargaining. TC has 10% cuts in the works and is having it's inspector division slashed.

It's SMS to the rescue..

Well enough of that. Enjoy the business orgy going on right now and watch them feast off of the carcasses of my fellow pilots and their families.

I am not enjoying the show. This is not the Big Union Show..this is the Big Government and Big Business Show.

Dork

It's all very sad... :icon_oak:

Archived