Picky-picky>>>>>

I am sure you all know what this is...............

Junkers_Ju_87_Stuka_Dive_Bomber.jpg

A Stuka dive bomber....WW II

And I am sure you all know what this is...

supermarine-spitfire-xvi.jpg

Yeh, it is a Spitfire..( would have loved to give one of those a go !!)

Now here is the BRAMPTON SPITFIRES, (Brampton Ontario), hockey team jersey logo. If it has anything to do with the Brampton Spitfires, this logo is on it.. ( 'crate' cockpit, antennae, wheel fairings, fixed landing gear, square tail etc)

Spitfires%20Logo.JPG

A few montha ago I sent a courteous email to the manager and asked him if he was aware of the context of the Brampton SPITFIRES logo and how it might not be so well received by vets of WW II.

There was no reply......

Yes, I do have a life...I just thought it was weird that this had never been brought up to the team before..or maybe it had, but how can one ignore the fact that the logo bears no resenblance to the "Spitfire"..not even close.

More photos of the kids team here.....

http://www.spitfires-hockey.com/

(I can say that, some of my family tree is from that area).

Sheesh ... and to think that I thought of you as a friend. :Dancing-Chilli::icon_jook::Grin-Nod:

Hey KIP: Looks more like a kamikaze machine than a Stuka to me, going by the logo.

Izzat how they're managing the franchise?? :icon_butt:

Sheesh ... and to think that I thought of you as a friend. Dancing-Chilli.gificon_jook.gifGrin-Nod.gif

Hey KIP: Looks more like a kamikaze machine than a Stuka to me, going by the logo.

Izzat how they're managing the franchise?? icon_butt.gif

The logo is actually a RAF Roundel that the artist put on the fuselage of their "Spitfire"...(Stuka)

Archived