Mothers Day

AME

I just got off the phone with my Mom and being so far away from her this year is particularly difficult. She's about mid stage in the onset of Alzheimer's disease and she has her good days and bad days. I'm quite concerned that the disease is progressing to the point where this may be the last Mother's Day when she's able to carry on a reasonable conversation on the phone. Today was a pretty good day and we had a nice chat, but watching our parents age is pretty tough some days.

I just got off the phone with my Mom ... but watching our parents age is pretty tough some days.

Same here. Mine has called the hospital home since December and with a stroke thrown in for good measure is now waiting for a placement in long term care ... today is a "relatively good" day. Being a big person just SUCKS.

Mom passed away in August of last year of Vascular Dementia. It was very hard to have Thanksgiving and then Christmas with out her. The year before, Thanksgiving and Christmas she came to eat because we picked her up but didn't have a clue as to what was Thanksgiving or Christmas was all about. To her it was just another day out.

I thought of her today and thanked her for being such a good mom and grandmother. God Rest Her Soul.

My own mother passed away 28 years ago, about the time I started dating my husband. During that time I've been blessed with the most wonderful mother-in-law in the world. I've always threatened my husband that if divorced me he could keep the house but I get his mom, could be why we just celebrated our 25th. :D

Archived