New Board ....... Discussion

Kip Powick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board is slower than the previous for loading pages. I am using IE8, Windows XP SP3 and a T1 connection. The average time to load a page is about 7 seconds. Is this what everyone else is experiencing?

Am I in the penalty box......icon_question.giflaugh.gif You fixed it the wrong way...got less now!!!biggrin.gif but thanks for reading my postwink.giftongue.gif

Ooops sorry about that Kip, give it a try now.

The board is slower than the previous for loading pages. I am using IE8, Windows XP SP3 and a T1 connection. The average time to load a page is about 7 seconds. Is this what everyone else is experiencing?

7 seconds? Nahh... mine is lightning fast. Using Windows Vista, browsing with Firefox. Rogers home connection.

7 seconds? Nahh... mine is lightning fast. Using Windows Vista, browsing with Firefox. Rogers home connection.

Yeh I agree. I'm using XPPro, IE 8, Sympatico High Speed, wireless mouse and keyboard. I have one of the "select" keys on the keyboard programmed to pick "AEF" and it loads faster , (1.94seconds),than if I start out using IE8 and selecting "AEF" from My Favourites.

Thanks for the replies. I'm up to 12-15 seconds now for each page. I can't figure it out. My system configuation didn't change in the time that the forum was revamped. Oh well, I'll keep fiddling and see if I can make a change.

Archived