Very odd cloud formations

Mitch Cronin

Ok, I saw a newscast of the first one, seen over Moscow a few weeks back, (included at the end of this video clip)... and I wondered about it and then forgot. ...but now here's another very similar one? Any closet meteorologists in the crowd who can enlighten me?

WTF, over?

huh.gif

So, what you guys are telling me is the images of these clouds are bogus?

user posted image

That was the one over Moscow... I found a meteorology page calling it a "rare hole punch cloud" ??? unsure.gif

Then the one in the video clip linked above is seen over Romania a few weeks later. Whusupwidat? icon_question.gif Bogus, you say?

Don.... 2012 eh? Hmmmm.... Well, seems some of the Nostrodamus freaks are saying he (along with the Maya and others) "fortold" that too. I know nothing.

All I can say is it would fit with the permeating feeling I've had lately that I don't have to be concerned about things like retirement plans and the state of my dental health, or whether or not my son goes to University. Mind you, I was told that was all a part of something called "depression" laugh.gif

Anyway... cool picture you took with your phone Don. I've seen those kind of 'boiling bottom' clouds before... I got some pictures of some from the West Edmonton Mall parking lot ( while I was waiting for the fambly to get their fill)

[this thing won't let me upload it... I guess it's too big]

Archived