Hot off The Press !

Good morning again Pete.

I'm an easy drive away from YOW and if your travels take you there I would be pleased to buy the coffee. It would be easier to continue this discussion on a one to one basis.

Fester.

Thanks for your support. Sometimes I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness but there is a great bunch of folks on this forum and the candor is refreshing. I've also learned a lot about the aviation industry.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
t took court action to integrate some schools in the US, the majority did not want it. Should schools have not been integrated until the "majority" wants it.

And now some of those black students are demanding that they have a "black only" school, and they're getting it.

Pete

"With respect to the "coarse example" that you've alluded to, whether it's taken to suggest rape, statutory rape or pedophilia, none of these has any correlation to same-sex marriage. Each of the above acts is prohibited by law because they involve one individual causing harm to another against their will or without their legal consent. Our society may evolve over time, but based on our form to date our evolution has been entirely away from condoning any of these forms of violence (which, ironically, have been nowhere more practiced than within the bounds of "traditional" marriages), not towards permitting them. Accepting same-sex marriage is not going to result in a sudden shift in that societal ethos."

For greater clarity I must add, I am NOT in favour of pedophilia! In fact, I have a complete “No Tolerance / No Mercy” attitude towards anyone guilty of said activity.

On the other side, I do know "harm" is a subjective term and open to interpretation. For example, we're all too aware there’s at least one religious interpretation that does condone this form of behaviour. Let’s be really clear, that religion not only condones and or supports the marriage of very minor female persons to old perverts, it even employs many ever-ready suicidal missionaries whom are prepared to blow him, or herself to bits to advance the “cause”.

Do you remember when the genius McGuinty attempted to introduce Islamic Law to the Courts of Ontario for personal political gain?

When that religiously distinct group finally does achieve majority status in this Country, I'll bet our "old and stale dated" Canadian values will be replaced with "new rules” deemed more appropriate to the "needs" of the new majority.

One final & not intended to be inflammatory point; can we prove with anything close to absolute certainty that homosexual behaviour isn’t a manifestation of some form of mental / chemical imbalance, disease or perhaps a purely ego driven state of mind?

When that religiously distinct group finally does achieve majority status in this Country, I'll bet our "old and stale dated" Canadian values will be replaced with "new rules” deemed more appropriate to the "needs" of the new majority.

Well...

We are at war sad.gif

Iceman

One final & not intended to be inflammatory point; can we prove with anything close to absolute certainty that homosexual behaviour isn’t a manifestation of some form of mental / chemical imbalance, disease or perhaps a purely ego driven state of mind?

user posted image

Archived