This should be a no-brainer vote

Kip Powick

From the ACPA MEC Newsletter Dec 2007

Captain Don Hudson, ret. – Life Member nomination

The Constitution permits each MEC to recommend one Life Membership during its term. At the recent MEC meeting, Captain Don Hudson was nominated and unanimously endorsed as someone who is highly deserving of this prestigious award. Without going into detailed specifics of Don’s achievements in both the world of flight safety and his commitment to his fellow pilots with his Association work, I believe most members are well aware of Don’s commitment and achievements in advancing the piloting profession.

There is more written but it has to do with members being able to read his achievements, of which there are many, in the ACPA Journal, and we all do not have access to that document.

A vote will be held by the ACPA union members in January 2008.

Based on his contributions, just alone on this forum, in my opinion the vote should be a no-brainer.

Don,

You have my vote. I don't know anyone that would be against this nomination.

As a former CALPA rep, I wish we had a national entity that would recognize people like you for the time and efforts you have put in towards the betterness of aviation safety.

Cheers,

Evinrude

• 1 month later...

Of the number of votes cast, 92.8% of those votes agreed that Don Hudson should be so honored with a Lifetime Membership in ACPA.

Well done Don...it was a no brainer as we all said. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I think we can safely assume the "nays" probably just got on the property and never had the pleasure of meeting you.

Kip - many thanks; there are so many who volunteer to do safety and other work for their Association - I can personally think of a dozen right off the top of my head. It's truly a deep honor, and still on the embarrassing side...

You'll still have to fight me for first shout at Arizona's..

Archived