Is this the Res system WJ is getting ?

Kip Powick

Navitaire is the system Westjet uses now!

It's the system used since day one.

Unlike all other users, WJ doesn't have to rely on other peoples hardware in far off places to run the system. WJA self hosts. It's all buried in a bunker-like complex with a 100% redundant site located elsewhere. Big, big difference.

In 10 years, I'll bet that system hasn't been out for more than a cumulative total of 48 hours.

Didn't another airline suffer a widely reported IT meltdown for a couple of days, a few summers ago, partially because there was no fuel in the back up generator to power up systems?

cool.gif

It's the system used since day one.

Unlike all other users, WJ doesn't have to rely on other peoples hardware in far off places to run the system. WJA self hosts. It's all buried in a bunker-like complex with a 100% redundant site located elsewhere. Big, big difference.

In 10 years, I'll bet that system hasn't been out for more than a cumulative total of 48 hours.

Didn't another airline suffer a widely reported IT meltdown for a couple of days, a few summers ago, partially because there was no fuel in the back up generator to power up systems?

cool.gif

Don't think it cost that airline $38 million.

As usual just in one sentence, you have many facts wrong.

Practise what you preach.

So why don't you tell us all about AirRes and the deal done with Navitaire?

As the consummate armchair quarterback with 4th hand information, I'm dying to hear what you have to say.

How about telling us all who negotiated it, when, and where?

cool.gif

So why don't you tell us all about AirRes and the deal done with Navitaire?

As the consummate armchair quarterback with 4th hand information, I'm dying to hear what you have to say.

How about telling us all who negotiated it, when, and where?

cool.gif

Actually, I was referring to your supposed knowledge of the future profitability of other carriers.

Actually, I was referring to your supposed knowledge of the future profitability of other carriers.

If it looks like duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck and tastes like a duck, it's probably a duck.

It's just math, old chum, and I don't recollect being wrong too many times, which is why, unlike you, I have the lattitude to do precisely what I want to do, when I want to do it from where ever I want to do it. Or perhaps do nothing at all. tongue.gif

If you were as clever as you claim, you'd be in the same position. Alas, you still scratching out a living and dreaming why no one ever bothered to hire you as an executive of an airline given your vast knowledge of all things in the business. tongue.gif

But hey, don't take my word for it. What does First Call have to say about 4Q?

As for the future, history has illustrated over and over that what the plan is, and how it unfolds are two very different things. You know this as well as I do. So called "game changing" aircraft have come and gone, (50 seat RJ's come to mind) but ultimately, not much has changed for legacy carriers anywhere.

When things go sideways, and they will in a cyclical business, even the smallest % loss of revenue can be catastrophic, so you better have a cost structure that allows yourself to remain profitable in the bad times.

Some airlines can't even manage to be profitable in the bad six months of what is, by all accounts, swimmingly good times. How will they manage when revenues shrink a few % points? That's why I'll always side with the lowest cost producer of a commodity everytime.

So, we agree to disagree, yet again.

cool.gif

Then tell us all what happened on August 19th 2003? Or explain the story on B4 of the Toronto G&M on Aug 19th 2003 and pages A12 and B1 of the Aug 16th edition. cool.gif

Ran out of fuel?

If that was the problem don't you think someone would have run downstairs and syphoned some from the bosses Merc?

A couple of days?

How about less than a day from what they could have operated.

Ran out of fuel?

If that was the problem don't you think someone would have run downstairs and syphoned some from the bosses Merc?

A couple of days?

How about less than a day from what they could have operated.

Only if it was a diesel Mercedes..........I'm sure the boss would have much better judgement than to buy a diesel anything........

tongue.gif

Only if it was a diesel Mercedes..........I'm sure the boss would have much better judgement than to buy a diesel anything........

tongue.gif

If you couldn't find a diesel Jetta or a pick_me_up_truck in the parking lot there would be lots of them over on the ramp.

Jet Fuel works too.

Archived