Move away

As the summer approaches let us all move away from the cynical posts, the constant back-biting and bickering between airlines and individuals and for just a few days answer the question below without smart-butt, flippant, or self serving answers. Be honest and forthright and think about your answer before you post it.

Up to this point in my life the best thing I have ever done is……....?

I like the sentiment Kip. Every one of us who has the ability to visit and speak on this site has been blessed in one way or another.

As to your question, without a doubt, the best thing I've done in life is to watch my two boys grow into young men of whom I am truly proud (even if I forget to tell them sometimes). Their Mom's having a bit of a hard time now because our eldest just decided to attend college out of town. There's no doubt that I'll miss seeing him most every day, but I know he'll do more growing in the next few years, and he'll always be just a phone call away.

Guest rattler

I also take joy in the best things my wife and I have done. Great marriage (36years), Raised two wonderful boys (now men), blessed with two wonderful daughters (in law) and one great grandson. Life is indeed good!

No wife or kids or much family to speak of but I did work as a translator for the Monaco Team in in the Special Olympics (2001) in Alaska. Ended up sort of coaching the Floor Hockey team and they won the Gold Medal. I think of those kids nearly every single day.

...For the world: I've helped to add a piece of hope for the future with my two kids.

...For my kids: I gave them the right mother. smile.gif

...For my wife: I gave her a part of me in our kids. (the better part I hope huh.gif )

...For myself: aside from my kids and my wife.... going back to school when I was 25, after an 11 year hiatus.

Interesting question Kip... I hope this thread grows. thumbs_up.gif

Giving the Eulogy at my fathers memorial service.

Not only did it allow me to tell the humorous stories of " growing up with Daddy" but it allowed me to move quickly through the grieving process.

It was the worst of days and the best of days. I would have regretted not being able to speak as I would have felt that I had let him down.

And the next best was to retire from the airline industry. I am a much nicer person so says my husband.....

Archived