Does anyone know

Kip Powick

One author has indicated he worked for Great Lakes Airline, (Canada) which was folded into Air Ontario but I can't find an airline identifier for Great Lakes Airline on the web... anyone know the identifier and if you found it on the web, could you post a link ???...thanx..

Way before any association with PWA/ACA or Cdn Airlines, TimeAir had a designator of KT.....I believe it was during the early seventies. It was changed to KI as they became IATA affiliated.

Way before any association with PWA/ACA or Cdn Airlines, TimeAir had a designator of KT.....I believe it was during the early seventies.  It was changed to KI as they became IATA affiliated.

Believe (maybe not, mists of time and all that) there was a period they were KH as well.

Guest rattler

Thanks guys. A Baby toy or perhaps a Snake PM'd me with a link and an answer and I posted my thanks but it never made it to the board...but I do appreciate your efforts.

Kip

There are eight subspecies of western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis) in North America, but only one, the prairie rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis viridis), is found in Alberta. What is most distinctive about this snake is the "rattle" at the end of its tail. Rattlesnakes use their rattle as a means of warning if they are disturbed or threatened. The prairie rattler is the only venomous snake in Alberta, but its bite is rarely fatal. biggrin.gif

post-5-1143496137_thumb.jpg

Rattler

You tell your snake relatives not to cross the AB/SK border and I'll tell my friends the rats not to cross into AB. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Only in AB-not and that goes for the rats too, we share borders but they don't know that!

Airband/Zipped

I must be in the same mist warp as I agree that they were KH in the early 70's and then changed to KI until they became part of CRA. I don't remember KT but the mists of time.....

Kip

AAS is correct with GX as I remember booking Great Lakes flights many times.

By the way , why all these questions? Should I be saving all my AC training manuals fron 1973 for your use instead of chucking them????? If you're writing a book could you add a chapter " One day in May '73 , a gorgeous girl was hired in reservations... whistling.gif

Guest rattler
Rattler

You tell your snake relatives not to cross the AB/SK border and I'll tell my friends the rats not to cross into AB. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Only in AB-not and that goes for the rats too, we share borders but they don't know that!

Not a problem. But we do welcome talented football players. biggrin.gif

The Calgary Stampeders raided their archrivals from Saskatchewan on Monday, signing Roughriders free-agent wide receiver Elijah Thurman and linebacker Walter Spencer

By the way , why all these questions?

I sorta got this job, I have no idea how this happened, but am responsible for editing/proofing and rewriting retired airline pilot biographies and some of these guys worked in a lot of different companies prior to getting into the "big" leagues but seeing we're dealing with pilots, a lot of information is abbreviations and many take for granted that "everyone" will know what they are talking about.

Basically I am swamped as the deadline is this Friday and pilots being traditionally lazy as well as cheap and dedicated procastinators, are waiting until the last minute to send all this stuff to me...arrrrggghhh.user posted image

NewG

You are right. It was KH and not KT as I thought. Anyone remember the F27's?

Yup, I remember the F-27; still got a pic. of it coming into the Muni.

Archived