Hot Doggin' in an A380

Mitch Cronin

What's the matter, Mitch? Don't like seeing such a big bird going through its' paces?

I like seeing any airplane fly... but ... uhhhh... I'm still having trouble thinking of that A3smallcitywithwings as an airplane! ...and to see it being chucked around like that?!.... makes me think someone is very lucky they didn't become the first to give that behemoth a new nickname that would stick! huh.gif

Guest rattler
I like seeing any airplane fly... but ... uhhhh... I'm still having trouble thinking of that A3smallcitywithwings as an airplane! ...and to see it being chucked around like that?!.... makes me think someone is very lucky they didn't become the first to give that behemoth a new nickname that would stick! huh.gif

Not to worry Mitch, unlike the last time they chucked a plane around like that, there were no trees to get in the way. tongue.gif

Maybe just the shot angle, but it appears (about 6:37) thrust reverse only being applied on inboard engine. Outboard possibly subject to FOD due edge of runway overhang or is this available on 747/340's and I just haven't seen it used?

The A380 will only have reverse on the inboard engines for the reasons you suggest. With that many wheels and some hefty carbon brakes, they shouldn't really need them anyways. That thing's so darned big, turnaround times should not be dictated by brake cooling in any case.

Archived