"That's seven!"

Mitch Cronin

"Planning" really does seem to be something of a misnomer doesn't it?... They "schedule" work, they don't "plan" at all... As Eric said, they frequently schedule inspections to be done where no parts (or even tooling) exist for the eventuality of problems being found during the inspections... We've seen many occasions where they're hooped when we find troubles. We've even seen attempts to say "well then we'll cancel the inspection" after the fact! huh.gif ...some folks just don't get it.

Eric,

That "dozen or so" is for a 67 A check... we never see the RJ's ... usually handling 67's, 320's, and/or 340's... An e/c on those machines cannot physically be done with less than 4, and for best time, as I said, 6 is "ideal" but often not available.

I make every effort NOT to pass on the @#$% unless for some reason it is warranted.

Good on ya B.!

If Leo ever gives you grief there are several of us he used to work with here who can supply you with tonns of ammunition to calm him down. biggrin.gif

...somehow, I think that wouldn't be necessary though.

The AME I was referring to goes by those same initials, "P.M." ... he and I went to Centennial College together... in fact, it was him that convinced me to come to work on flying living rooms at WD instead of working on lovely little weed whackers at quiet little flying schools, back in '85. ( Come to think of it, I might owe him something for that dry.gif ... laugh.gif )

He left WD for "Partners" when the buggers refused his first request for a Christmas off.

Cheers,

We do CRJ A checks every night with 4 Mechs and a Avionics or two. Our program must differ from yours somewhat.

B

Boestar,

It all depends on the A check and the available turn time. When the aircraft gets to the hangar at 23:30 and has a flight at 06:00, you need more manpower.

The even A checks seem to require allot more man power then the odd ones.

Éric

Should have bought RR! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Hah! .... all of them scheduled... I believe a couple of them were to put high time engines on old dears headed for the scrap heap, so maybe that would be a fitting end for those backwards turning, 3 spooled stoves. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Hah! .... all of them scheduled... I believe a couple of them were to put high time engines on old dears headed for the scrap heap, so maybe that would be a fitting end for those backwards turning, 3 spooled stoves. biggrin.gif

I have been bored all day Mitch...but I knew RR would come to my rescue.

Have a good day eh! wink.giflaugh.gif

The AME I was referring to goes by those same initials, "P.M." ... he and I went to Centennial College together... in fact, it was him that convinced me to come to work on flying living rooms at WD instead of working on lovely little weed whackers at quiet little flying schools, back in '85. ( Come to think of it, I might owe him something for that dry.gif ... laugh.gif )

He left WD for "Partners" when the buggers refused his first request for a Christmas off.

Cheers,

Yup...I'll have to agree that he is the cream of the crop. He is the only guy I can leave alone and know that all of the work will get done. No whining and complaining. Just a solid nights work.

B

Archived