Kids and the things they do to your heart...

I awoke today to the news my son was in hospital because he'd broken his foot again. The other one this time... He's broken his left one 3 times now, this is the first injury of his right one. ...

...later... at dinner, after discussing whether or not hopping downstairs on one foot would qualify as "stupid", ["I didn't do anything stupid this time" said the boy] and whether or not one could expect a fall while doing so.... My daughter announces she's been chosen to be "Valedictorian" by her classmates... (grade 8 graduation)

I can't imagine life without my kids. wub.gif

....I know... so what... and why mention it here... Answer: 'cause I feel like it. wink.gif

I can't imagine life without my kids.  wub.gif

...a sentiment with which those of us with children can relate.

But one day I happened to ask my grown sons how they would manage without me. It was a concept that they could not discuss, would not discuss and when I pushed, a concept that neither wanted to even imagine because the pain "would be unbearable". I found it humbling to feel the strength of their emotion and realized that that sentiment flows just as strongly both ways. I hope (perhaps pray... wink.gif ) that the reality is a long time coming for all of us and make every effort in my own life to keep it at bay.

ccairspace

I sometimes wish I had my kids later in life cause they were grown so soon but what the heck I got the grand-kids now so there are benefits as well.

There is just nothin' like holding your brand new infant except maybe seeing them become the grade 8 valedictorian. Pass on the congrats of the AEF crew cause I know I can safely speak for all of us on this. smile.gif

Greg

Greg, we are in the same boat. We had our kids early as well, and since they both just graduated from college this spring, I am having a tough time dealing with the fact that they are never going to live with us again, and I miss them terribly. The lesson being that like everything else in life, it goes by fast, and you have to enjoy the best parts while you can, because you don't get to go back and do it over again.

Mitch, I hope you're paying attention. These are the best years.

Tell the little guy that I think "stupid" might be a strong word, but I think "goofy" certainly applies, and I hope he is back up and at it again soon. (Does he have an aversion to summer or something?)

And congratulations to your daughter! This is a real honour, but tell her when she is considering the length of her speech, she might want to take the temperature of the auditorium into account. wink.gif

Iceman, thumbs_up.gif That little Robert Munsch book is a treasure in our household as well... My kids remember it to ther Mom every once in a while. ... and it sure tweaks the tear ducts in my eyes.

Judy, that little fella was added here by your man. wub.gif "wub" between two colons brings it out.

I have passed on these congratulations to my daughter... Thanks folks. ...She sometimes wonders about her dad, and I think that added to the wonder. laugh.gif

I've been paying attention since I first held Rosalie in my arms Jennifer... I remember singing "time is on my side" to her when she was about a minute old smile.gif ... and at the time, it was so... I've loved every moment of that time, and together with their mother, they've made it all worth everything to me.

Archived