21% rule Jazz/AC

Guest CYYR

I overheard a conversation today about Jazz doing 21% of the flying in this country post CCAA. I did not want to be viewed as eve-dropping so I moved on from where the conversation was happening. Can anyone here shed some light on what this may have been about. ?????????

CYYR

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Jazz is only allowed to fly 21% of the ASM's that AC does. This is a cap and last time someone posted the numbers they weren't even close. Perhaps this is what you heard in the conversation.

Man oh man it is no wonder that some companies in this business are in such a mess. I asked a simple question that was seeking some clarification nothing more nothing less. I didn't claim to have that illusive magic answer or solution to teh worlds problems. Why do some posters here have to be so arrogant.

Thanks stickle, atleast you tried.

CYYR

Guest caribpilot

JAZZ is limited to 12% ASM, right now we are at 5%, so there is a lot of room to grow, if AC's ASM's don't shrink too much

Thank You for the very respectful answer.

5% and shrinking as you look at the West and what YUL-Bathurst going to 1 flight a day. Also the Teir III stuff in Atlatic Canada.

All the very Best!!

CYYR

Thank You for the very respectful answer.

5% and shrinking as you look at the West and what YUL-Bathurst going to 1 flight a day. Also the Teir III stuff in Atlatic Canada.

All the very Best!!

CYYR

Sorry CYYR, my post kinda came out a bit "reactionary ". Wasn't meant to. In these stressful days, sometimes the fingers start hacking away at the keyboard before the grey matter engages.

Cheers.

Makes a huge difference, however it's based on total system flying.

10. Air Canada shall ensure that a minimum of 100 ASMs are flown by Air Canada for every 12 ASMs flown by Jazz;

In practice I think this is likely to work the other way around though, if AC is only flying 99 asm's then Jazz is going to lose aircraft, rather than AC getting more.

"In practice I think this is likely to work the other way around though, if AC is only flying 99 asm's then Jazz is going to lose aircraft, rather than AC getting more."

...Now what the heck kind of sense does that make????????

GTFA

"In practice I think this is likely to work the other way around though, if AC is only flying 99 asm's then Jazz is going to lose aircraft, rather than AC getting more."

That statement demonstrates why one should just get the gun out and put this miserable beast down!

Archived