Michel Gets Looney

E-HANDLE

Guest M. McRae

Sounds like an innovative way to fill up the vacant corners on a flight. I imagine that the nbr. of these seats are tightly controlled. Also of course they may not make any money on these seats on a OW basis but I would bet they make up for it on the return portion. I have taken a look at their site for Sept. 28 (ow fares) and find that their flights are mostly showing no avail. at any price. Good Marketing and Good for them, afterall this was the airline that a number of folks were betting would not last this long. ;)

I had a look around the Jetsgo site, and found no sold-out flights, and lots of cheap fares.

When you look at their sched, you see that there are some destinations that have no flights on Sundays. For example, they have no YYC-YYZ flight on Sunday, but have 1 YYZ-YYC, which has available seats. Likewise, there is no YYZ-YHZ flight on Sundays. The booking engine doesn't tell that there is no flight that day, only the sched page.

Guest M. McRae

I looked for YUL-YYC which should operate on a Sunday and found that they were only offering a fare of 229.00 (+tax etc) on the 28th so it does appear to be a def cap on the cheap seats. The 229.00 compares with AC (zip) on the same day OW at 534.34 so it is still a good deal. Anyway, good to see that they are still hanging in and maybe even making some money.

Guest lancaster

For those of you that wonder why you must make concessions at the bargaining table, wonder why your colleagues are being layed off, find it difficult to understand why you have no bargaining power to negotiate when it comes time to keep up with inflationary costs when it comes time to renew agreements......How on earth can this industry make money (including WJ) on $30.50 fares between (for example WJ/ZIP) CYXX-CYYC, let alone this latest circus fare being offered at Jetsgo.

Guest Touchdown

Of course change the name to Air Canada and everyone and his dog would be suing them for preditory pricing and selling below cost.....

It takes Michel to do this type of a market giveaway......Sad

Wouldn't have imagined I might be agreeing with you, but you are right on the flippin' money there!

Insanity!

Yet "it's these damned employees that are the problem" "Not productive enough", or "they're paid too much"... all the while these kinds of ridiculous fares are full out pi$sing away our concessions! It's nuts.

Guest lancaster

What is worse actually than the fare itself, is the fact that these types of fares become what the travelling public comes to expect all the time. It becomes the "norm". Then, when the fares rise a meager $10.00, coupled with the governments notion that they can tax whatever they feel is necessary, all one hears is how expensive it is to fly! My response to most of these fare increase critisizms is "go try to take the Greyhound on that same route, its more expensive than that $50million dollar piece of equipment that will get you their in 1 hour".

Go! Go! Jetsgo .

Not bad for a company that wasn't going to be around for more than a couple of months. They went from 2 MD-80's that couldn't compete with AC Airbus products,to now have a fleet of 11 MD-80's.

The fares are great and the FA's are hot.Their aircraft may be older than AC but their FA'S are a fraction of the age of the AC warriors.

Archived