Pea-Age- EE-Oh

Guest MIkePapaKilo

Guest MIkePapaKilo

Last week and this week there has been a Piaggio P180 at YEG and YYC. Anybody know much about this airplane ? Followed it a few times - Kind of an ugly little thing, depending on one's POV. Makes a DC-10 look downright handsome !! ;-)

Who might be interested in the airplane ? Or is this conversion training and PPC's ? I heard the RCMP was thinking of getting one so they would have some "fast air", after getting rid of the Citations. (This after dropping the Citations because they didn't want to attract attention flying jets...)

MPKurious

I'm not sure on this one but I think it's Union Gas's.

I remember fueling one once up in northern Ontario when I was still a green thumb. A bit wicked to get the ladder in position but a fair bit easier to fuel than an MU2.

Guest leftbase

Yeah it ain't pretty but the numbers are very impressive...I believe YYC is the base of the Canadian dealer and they're marketing it fairly aggressively? Don't quote me...

You guys are too accostumed to airliners!!!The avanti is a great looking airplane!!It looks like it has character in this age of look alike airliners!!

Boeing talked about a canard on their new airliner.....they even mentioned it was more efficient.But we can't go and add something like that to an airplane....what will people think?? lol

Guest Jay at AC

>>>Boeing talked about a canard on their new airliner.....they even mentioned it was more efficient.But we can't go and add something like that to an airplane....what will people think??<<<<

The canard wing offers many benefits to aircraft design. Think forward to 2010…

NEWSFLASH, 2010 In Calgary’s overcrowded downtown International Airport, WestJet took delivery today of Boeings new Gen X aircraft. This aircraft’s unique canard wing makes it immediately identifiable, standing out significantly from Air Canada’s many conventional RJ airframes. WestJet’s engineers have developed an innovative use for the canard wing. In it’s quest to improve turnaround performance, WestJet uses the forward wing as a boarding and egress ramp onto the bridges. A minor mating problem currently requires a single step be placed at the end of the wing to allow facilitate access to the bridge. It is estimated that this innovation could save up to 11 seconds off their currently scheduled 56 second turnaround time.

WestJet’s Boeing Gen-X inaugural flight leaves this afternoon for Victoria.

Overheard later at Victoria International Airport:

“Grandma, Grandma, what a nice looking airplane you have”.

“All the better to meet you with, my dear.”

“How was your flight from Calgary???”

“Oh, typical WestJet. I arrived on a Wing and a Stair!”

Archived