Google... Hey, cool!

Mitch Cronin

I'll bet some of you will be as surprised as I was to learn that in Google, there is an instant conversion calculator.

Hit google - http://www.google.ca - and type in something like: "10,000 meters in feet", or "5 milliliters + 3 ounces in cups"

Man, the things you can discover when you're trying to get sleepy. ;)

Mitch, that is an interesting find.

But it still can't do what I've been looking for all summer - a calculator that will conver the price of gas in the US ($US per US gallon) to the price of gas in Canada ($CAN per liter).

If you fund such an animal will you let me know?

Speaking of Google...

If you use it quite a bit, you might want to download the Google toolbar. It gives you a little window for entering search criteria and doubles as a pop-up blocker. I've had it installed for about a week and it seems to work well. (And no, I don't work for them!)

If you don't care to expand Microsoft's dominance of the market you could use Safari as your browser. The GOOGLE window is built into the interface, as well a lot of other neat goodies such as pop-up blockers.

Netscape has done a good job with it.

Cheers.

Thanks azztech.

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use and it works fine.

I was (and still am) looking for a web site that would link the current exchange rate into the formula. Then with a click on the web page you would know that $2.10 US at the pumps is the same as $.76 per loonie-litre at today's exchange rate.

PS The YVR cost for gas is about 85 cents per litre - for regular. My bike likes the premium and it is about 94 cents per.

Guest flyersclub

I downloaded the Google toolbar (have been a google fan for many years) and I installed but where is it?? I am usually good with stuff but can't seem to get this working ... thanks.

Another usefule site is called Google Alert (link is below). Enter your search and it constantly searches the web on your behalf, sending you email updates days, weeks and months later as it finds new stuff.

Archived