Maverick at the F1 race...

Databus

LOL!! That was hilarious! What a nutbar that guy was.

And for the F1 lovers, I've gotta say that was one of the better races I've seen in F1 racing. Mostly because the field got so mixed up with the two early "safety cars" (silly buggers don't even know what to call a pace car!)

Heard on a talk-show recently, when the Scottish Gent being interviewed (wearing a kilt of course!) was asked by the host.....

"So what do you really wear under that kilt of yours?"

.....his answer....

(In a thick Scottish accent..)

"Your Girlfriend's lipstick!"

Yowza!!

Nail

Badda bump! He's here all week folks. :)

But now that you've told us what's under those kilts you gents of Scottish descent like to cavort in, would you please answer the question on everyone's mind: what the hell do you keep in a sporan?

neo

Guest M. McRae

In the winter, a hand warmer to prevent frost bite to a near and dear portion of one's anatomy. (6)

Malcolm McRae

Aw gerroutofit! The Scots never have any money! Or so they would have you believe. And they would never keep it close to their jewels. Doh't want to lose two assets at once. ;)

neo

From what I hear, you'd need to start a bonfire there to warm up a Scot's love interest. But that's just what I hear Malcolm. As a "Mc", I'm sure you'll set me straight. ;)

neo

Guest shibui

I believe you are indeed permitted to dip your privates in it, but it if it stings this does not entitle you to claim part ownership in the distillery.

A particularily trenchant caveat in your case?

Guest M. McRae

You have to be a Scot to know but I will give you a hint.... a true Scot does not waste his scotch!

Now you tell me. I already had the letter written to the Balglendalmorfiddich Distillery in Lochaggis, demanding they hand over the keys.

In regards to Scotch in general, I've heard that it was orginally called Highland Fire Starter. When the peat was damp and hard to light, you'd just pour on some Scotch and away she went. Then one day when he was out of Remy Martin a Scotsman tried drinking the fire starter, and an industry was born.

Nevertheless, my preferred explanation for Scotch is that you need something stiff and intoxicating or you'd never be crazy enough to eat an haggis.

Aye, they're a wily bunch, those Scots. :)

neo

Archived