"Jazzing" of mainline AC routes,

Super 80

Later this summer I am going to be flying between Calgary and Winnipeg, Toronto and Ottawa and Ottawa and Montreal.

The CalgaryWinnipeg flight is schedualed for a 737, and the Toronto Ottawa and Ottawa Montreal flights are A320. How likely is it that those flights may be switched to Jazz by then?

And on what equipment?

CRJ, BAE or DH8?

Guest RVR1200

I wouldn't think anything would change by then....but you never know. No one really knows what will go where quite yet.

Guest Qtip

My guess is that alot more of the mainline routes will be operated by Jazz and we'll see exactly which ones and with what equipment when the new buisiness plan is released in about 2 weeks time. The creditors are looking for a return so the company has to right size all of it's routes. It's an exciting time for all of us. Sit back, hold on and enjoy the ride.

Guest Qtip

Not at this point. DOH seniority at our airline was our choice and believed to be fair for all those involved but I do hope that all employees get back to work ASAP. The only way this will happen is if we all go forward and make it happen!

Qtip,

You are not completely correct with the DOH seniority at Jazz. Many are being/have been laid off out of seniority because of the Adam's award.

I do appreciate your positivity though!

Guest Qtip

JC,

You are correct and my apology to you. There were as you are aware some things in the Adams award that didn't actually go date of hire but for the most part every " SILO " endured some pain. We have a great pilot group from Halifax to Victoria but I have to say the beer is better in YHZ!!!

Cheers

Qtip,

I am one of the Pilots laid off out of seniority. I am from the west (although commuting to YYZ) and you will find that most Pilots affected by the "out of seniority" lay off are originally from... well no need to bring that up. I am glad that some of us were "spared". Hey, at least I get the summer off ( and Fall.... and winter....and spring).

Although I'm not real happy about the Adam's Award as I'm directly affected I am amazed at how successful "we" (Jazz) were at merging FOUR Airlines together with relative ease (please don't jump all over me for that comment... I said relative) But really, when you think about it....

The thing I like about Jazz - ALPA is the move forward attitude. What's done is done. We will learn (and have) from our mistakes and will carry that forward to the future (not the mistakes but the knowledge of!)

Hope to be back on line soon along with all other Pilots.... My personal friends at mainline as well (yea, I know: none laid off yet but my friends who are on the list)

So the beer's good in Halifax "eh". I don't know ..... any beer at Stampede is going to taste good!

Cheers

Gurk,

By out of seniority I mean date of hire. I have a higher seniority number than some Pilots who are not being laid off or are being laid off at a later date.

The Adam's award is a percentage. Ie For every 13 Pilots laid off at Jazz so many will come from ABC, CRA, AO and AN. The most junior (recent) Pilots were hired mostly by AO and AN. Therefor there are more senior (DOH) Pilots being laid off before the most recent hires. Let me make this perfectly clear. I'm not blaming the newer hires... glad it benefited them. When the merger committee agreed to the Adam's award they (I'd like to think) probably had no idea that we would be laying off so many pilots a year later. Each group came together to protect their own. There was not one of the 4 Airlines that was "taken over" as all were(so I've been led to believe) profitable.

I hold no hard feelings towards the Pilots hired after me for keeping their jobs. It worked well for them. If it worked well for me then they would be out of a job.

I hope that our group... ALPA, Jazz management and (for that matter the industry) will pick up the pieces, move forward so I can come back to work.

No offence to our mainline comrades but I prefer to work at Jazz for the atmosphere, the shorter haul flights and ... ha, ha, ha my eventual seniority bidding

Gurk, do you now see why, If we go by DOH it's out of seniority?

Cheers

I'm simply responding to Qtip stating that seniority = date of hire.... Not so with Adam's award and lay off.

Otherwise all base/equipment and pairing bidding is done by DOH.

Why are you so angry? I'm the one laid off.

Guest Qtip

Thanks for your post and all your brothers and sisters will do their best to get you back to work as fast as we can!!

Cheers

Gurk,

Agreed.... The Adam's is being used for lay off as agreed by the contract. All "silo's" (to quote Qtip) took a hit.

Here's hoping your number does not come up and I'll return to the cockpit soon. What's funny is that our recall is based on DOH. I'm not trying to stir emotion (we've all had enough of that) but what happens if I get recalled by DOH before a person hired after me is laid off. Wow, what a mess that would be!

Well, Let's all play on the same team and move forward!

Cheers

Guest Qtip

I don't think it's a mess in fact I think it's a pretty easy job.

1)Put the right size aircraft on every route

2)Use JAZZ to compete on WJ routes

3)Start AC Cargo Div

4)merge all AC buisiness units

That should about do it.

Guest Qtip

My guess is that they will keep smashing it on the ground until the BATTERIES are dead. Just kidding Gurk!! I think they'll have it right this time around and the CCAA process will make sure of it. The creditors are the ones with the endless suply of power at this stage of the game. Don't you think?

Archived