No direction or leadership.....

Guest Dash eight

Funny how the world has changed dramatically in the past dozen or so years. The whole concept of large-aircraft, high volume domestic discounting has changed the regional landscape in ways you don't seem capable of grasping or willing to admit.

But then why spoil a fine whine.

No Dagger, you don't get it! The flag carrier limited growth and other business opportunities at the regional level for its own reasons. Bad business decisions have got AC into the mess it's in now!

Guest Airmail

Right. It had nothing to do with:

1. tremendous increases in infrastructure costs (skyrocketing airport fees resulting from Ottawa's devolution plan);

2. improved road transportation options in competition with air travel (ie. the new highway from NB to NS which has cut travel time from Moncton to Halifax dramatically);

3. the inconvenience of security screening and costs post-9/11 which has devastated shorthaul travel;

4. tremendous increases in labour costs and pressure on yields from low cost carriers and other transportation alternatives (ie. Via Rail from Ottawa to Montreal)

It's all AC's fault!

Guest leftbase

Whoaaaa there big fella...I was addressing one slice of one quote:

"You know, we cannot have our government riding around in a turbo prop, even if it makes financial sense for a financially strapped, made in Canada airline..."

I THOUGHT perhaps you were suggesting it was beneath politicos to ride a Dash. Obviously I missed your sarcasm. My bad.

My comments about the prop pitch, was just my way of saying that in spite of not having flown anything with props in years, I couldn't care less what I fly on equipment-wise as a pax.

The rest of your soliloquy, however, had me standing to applaud - perhaps you should run for office?!

Cheers, lb

" one slice of one quote"

Really? Was just offering you a little perspective. if I missed your point then no harm done right?..

It is beneath politicos to ride a Dash . . . unless there in nothing else goin. Dollars to donuts, within the AC fleet,I prefer the J seats in the 340 to a Dash 8, especially on flights over three hours, but that's just me.

'Soliloquy'?.. no, I was speaking to you actually. Run for office? I prefer just running, less A-holes to have to deal with..

cheers

dragon

Archived