Is It At My End??

Kip Powick

Somebody put an italicize html tag on the word Cheney in a thread down there and, somehow, the closing italic tag got clipped off.

It might be related to the fact that all of the message title "Re:" lines add an extra space (which is/are removed by browsers) for every additional message in a thread. Eventually, with the italics, the line got long enough that it cut off the right hand >, thus invalidating the closing italic marker on that line so everything else on the page is italic.

If you check the source html, for some reason the "-Cheney" in the title line was placed between italic tags. On the posting where the italics start on the index list, the closing tag in the title line is not ended properly with a ">" (probably lopped off by the field length limit in the BBS software), leaving the rest of the index in italics.

Calling 'regional for life', how about deleting/resubmitting your post?
;)

Cheers, IFG

Guest ex-SkyGeek

My fault, Kip. I placed "-Cheney" in between and when posting the original article to highlight who is being quoted. I wasn't actually sure it would work in the "Subject" field -- I guess it does, but I now see good reason not to do it again! *grin*

Jason

Guest ex-SkyGeek

My fault, Kip. I placed "-Cheney" in between < i > and < / i > when posting the original article to highlight who was being quoted. I wasn't actually sure htlm would work in the "Subject" field -- I guess it does, but I now see good reason not to do it again! *grin*

By the way, I recently tried inserting an image in my post between < img src = "http://....... > tags, but the server doesn't seem to want to display it. Does anyone know if Mr. & Mrs. P limited some of the posting features?

Jason

Guest ex-SkyGeek

My fault, Kip. I placed "-Cheney" in between < i > and < / i > when posting the original article to highlight who was being quoted. I wasn't actually sure html would work in the "Subject" field -- I guess it does, but I now see good reason not to do it again! *grin*

By the way, I recently tried inserting an image in my post between < img src = "http://....... > tags, but the server doesn't seem to want to display it. Does anyone know if Mr. & Mrs. P have limited some of the posting features?

Jason

Archived