Kelowna

Fullscreen button

KF Aerospace has secured a deal with Germany's Grob Aircraft SE to sell products and pilot training services throughout Canada and the United States.
KF Aerospace has secured a deal with Germany's Grob Aircraft SE to sell products and pilot training services throughout Canada and the United States.© Courtesy: KF Aerospace

KF Aerospace of Kelowna has secured a deal with Germany's Grob Aircraft SE to sell its products and pilot training services throughout Canada and the United States.

“This partnership with Grob is a great fit for us. We have developed a solid relationship with Grob over the last 18 years and we are strong believers in the products that Grob delivers," KF Aerospace president and CEO Tracy Medve said.

"Our extensive experience with the Grob 120A uniquely positions us to support and expand the presence of these exceptional products and services in Canada and the U.S.”

The Grob 120 is renowned for its use in military pilot training programs globally, including by the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) for basic flight training at the Contracted Flying Training and Support (CFTS) Program in Southport, Man.

Video: This is BC: Kelowna company takes big role in aircraft restoration

KF Aerospace has managed the CFTS program with its Allied Wings partners since 2005.

KF Aerospace is an approved maintenance organization that operates two maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in Canada, one at Kelowna International Airport and the other at Hamilton International Airport.

It is the parent company of KF Cargo, which provides cargo aircraft charter and leasing services, and KF Defence Programs, a contract operator of the Canadian Forces Contracted Flying Training and Support program.India's navy rescues 2 hijacked boats, as British military warns of Indian Ocean threat

When I lived in Kelowna, the population was about 15,000. I believe it is over 130,000. When I was accepted in the RCAF, I thought it would be nice to come back, at retirement, and attempt to become the airport manager at our little airport......purely a "pipe-dream"....😁

I went back last year to see some school friends whose lives took different turns but returned to Kelowna when they retired. The building behind the sign is the Fairview Hotel, where I stayed last year. It is sitting on the property where our ranch house once sat. 

My legacy is the road sign installed on a new street decades after I left home...a new steet which used to be a dead end 😂 but now runs to another street.

You can't stop change😉😃

home.jpg

2023

hotel.jpg

powick.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

My legacy is the road sign installed on a new street decades after I left home...a new steet which used to be a dead end 😂 but now runs to another street.

You can't stop change😉😃

I've stayed in that Fairfield and I wondered if the street name had any connection to you!

KF Aerospace is also the premier Canadian MRO and largest employer in the Okanagan. They have multiple hangars in Kelowna and Hamilton.

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

I remember talking to Barry Lapointe for a pilot interview (around 82-83). One of his first questions was: "How much of a pay cut are you willing to take?"

I didn't take the job. So didn't move to Kelowna.

Edited by W5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.O. said:

Did he pull a Carl Millard and offer you an "apartment" in the back of the hangar?

Nah, I was responsible for my own housing. But I was a Convair captain already; looking for a change of scenery.