Airplanes and music

Mitch Cronin

Hi.

I was just now watching a video of Tommy Emmanuel and Mike Dawes, playing acoustic guitars together and I couldn't help but think of this place and all you folks... for some odd reason?I didn't think I'd ever come back here... I'd deleted the link in Chrome. I had to find Safari to get the site and my sign-in back... But there was Tommy... playing the sweetest I've ever heard from him! ...and I couldn't help but think of all of you wacky, rwnj pilots? [grin] ...Y'see... it's the opinionated rascal in me. He "normally" bores me with what seems like attempts to impress with his speed. But this time he showed that sweet side I'd not seen before, with a taste for nuance I didn't know he had in him.

I think it reminded me that even assholes like me have a good side or two to show? ... and maybe a lot more in the boot. ;)What's up with that? Is there some spiritual connection between music and flying?... or what?  🤔😉

We are ALL multi-faceted folk.

Cheers folks. I'll not forget you all. 💝

Mitch

• Like 1

Great to here from you Mitch. I love watching the Emmanuel brothers together. Did you ever read their story. Unfortunately we lost Phil a few years back. Another casulty of smoking. Here is one example of them together.

Cheers

Greg

• Like 1

Hey Mitch, good to hear from you again. Glad you brought up the music topic once again on this forum. Here is a recent interview with Tommy by Rick Beato.

• Like 1

Thanks Greg, and JL... I guess my initial hesitation to listening to him, was because of all the silly fast stuff I've heard him play, that he seems so happy to demonstrate. It looks to me like showing off with finger exercises and I've never been impressed with that sort of stuff.  ... It's only when I see less popular stuff from him that I see he can really play some terrific guitar! Anyone, it seems, can make "guitar boogie" lose their perception of nuance. ;)