Changing Procedures

UpperDeck

For those who use Nexus to travel to US.

New machines in YYZ at US Customs.

You must check-in with airline with passport...NOT Nexus. When you get to Global Entry, the travel doc to be scanned is your passport.

Fyi

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 12:59 PM, Kip Powick said:

Last week..... AC to RSW

If you don't have it , I would strongly suggest the MPC App. Made it a breeze to get through. Most folks were huddled around the screens, with MPC,..... a short line. 

Perhaps you could describe the process with MPC? We came to FLL on March 31st at the airport by 3:00 pm. There was a very, very long line through normal screening and that line snaked through Customs.

Using Nexus/Global Entry.....we had 4 pax ahead for screening and were first in line for a US Customs agent. It was that agent who quickly told me about the new procedure.

Would we have had a similar experience using MPC? I like to maximize my time in the lounge!!😁😁

1 hour ago, UpperDeck said:

Would we have had a similar experience using MPC? I like to maximize my time in the lounge!!

Yes, you would bypass all pax filling in a customs ENTRY card into USA. At CUSTOMS they want to screen Passport and they have all the relevant info of your MPC App because you have submitted it.

Passport and MPC co-ordinate.....(one MPC filled out will clear entire family)

5 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Apple store SEARCH .......................... MOBILE PASSPORT CONTROL 

MPC.jpgmpcccccc.jpg

I was just looking up MPC and nothing was coming up, thanks Kip, got it loaded on my phone now.

5 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Yes, you would bypass all pax filling in a customs ENTRY card into USA. At CUSTOMS they want to screen Passport and they have all the relevant info of your MPC App because you have submitted it.

Passport and MPC co-ordinate.....(one MPC filled out will clear entire family)

So I asked my wife to look for an MPC line in YYZ as she made her way towards customs this afternoon for a flight to FLL.

There was no indication of expedited security screening nor was there any apparent designated line for those who had used MPC.

However...she noted that all of the machines at Global Entry were shut down and the agents were unaware of this fact. Usual CF.

1 hour ago, UpperDeck said:

There was no indication of expedited security screening nor was there any apparent designated line for those who had used MPC.

As you head for the machines, (if they were working), there would be an agent there asking if you have the APP. If you have it you would go to a different, (shorter in most cases), line. The line was not designated when I went in, I just walked to the agent and said I had the APP and she pointed to a line that had 10 or so people instead of 50 waiting to get to an agent.