Complaint(s) to CRTC ? (((Away Off Aviation Topics))

Kip Powick

I see that the hit song...............

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.

Had the language cleaned up a bit. I have no problem with the original, in fact I think it is great, but I guess some of the "genteele" listeners did not like the original :glare:

Took the CRTC about a month or so...Song is played two o rmore times a day on many local stations.

ORIGINAL HERE

I'm not sure I understand; what did the CRTC actually do?

The actual words for SOB have been eliminated and all one hears now is a deep growl.

The words spoken for give me a " G-d d-----" drink are basically a garble now.

The song got lots of airtime and it took the CRTC about 2 months to "clean" it up.

The band has been on many of the late shows and still plays the original song.

This story seems to represent another form of censorship on the part of government? I don't know where the video etc., might be airing, but if it's being played on publically licenced radio & TV on over the air services, maybe, however, if the CRTC is interfering somehow in the world of the internet, I think that act would be seen as an offence against free speech Rights.

Kip, you and I must listen to very different radio stations, I had never heard this song before on any station I tuned to.

The band has been on all the late nite shows and this song is played on ALL southern Ontario radio stations. At present I am in St Catherine's visiting my daughter and I did hear the song twice on the car radio as we switched radio stations enroute.

Perhaps the CRTC has banned the song in your area.

Archived